Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOST Mystery 12vdc power port!!!???

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
Any Host TC owners out there who can give me a sanity check??
I have a 2019 Host Mammoth and on mine, in the Generator Bay there is a 12v DC Power port plugin above the Generator next to the Cable connector (under cap).
I was happy about the feature because I have an inflator and macerator which both have a 12vdc power port plug in and the outside location is very convenient.

NOW THE MYSTERY!
This port had no power when first tried. I contacted my dealer, who also contacted HOST and neither had ever seen nor heard of a 12vdc power port on the HOST campers. Even though I purchased from the dealer weeks ago, they were stymied. I sent a photo (attached) and they were still stymied. After a week of correspondence with HOST, they are all still stymied and the official response from HOST is that is not a feature of their product.
Wow, maybe I don’t have a new host Mammoth!
Can all you HOST owners out there check to see if you have a power port in the Generator Bay? I found that it is connected to the Fuse Box location marked Dinnette / Bay; which was not functioning as received. Since replacing the fuse, I now have a working Dinette light and also a working Power Port.
Chasing Horizons!
22 REPLIES 22

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try posting by following these steps.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Such as..

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
AGAIN, try...

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MaxTrek
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I surmise that someone installed it for powering something like a Winegard Carryout satellite dish or macerator pump.

That is kind of what it appears to be for, which is what I will be using it for. The curiosity is that I purchased from the dealer New.

Also, I do not know how to upload a photo to a post, otherwise I would offer a photo of mine which shows the port.
Chasing Horizons!

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A real mystery. Disconnect, remove, move on.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I surmise that someone installed it for powering something like a Winegard Carryout satellite dish or macerator pump.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posting pictures isn’t difficult. Try-

tlowe43q
Explorer
Explorer
Didn’t see a picture but not having attempted to post a pic, it seems like many have difficulties doing so.

I have a 2017 Mammoth and there really is not a lot of available “real estate” to put a 12v receptacle near the cable receptacle and jack control panels.