cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How'd You Like Driving this puppy down the road?

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
F150 w 11.3 TC
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X
24 REPLIES 24

lonetow
Explorer
Explorer
Vinsil wrote:
AISURFFISH wrote:
That's a real truck.. keep that in mind..from a time when trucks were made to be trucks and do truck stuff like carry sh!t and get dirty.. and only had room for 2 people and the dog...

I miss my 460..f-series

Disagree, my 95 F350 had horrible brakes compared to my current Dodge. The newer trucks had more steel in the bodies for sure, but safety wise...new trucks have more brakes, frame and axle capacities than old iron.

Are you referring to a gas truck? I had both 93 and 97 diesel Ford F-Super Duty wreckers whose hydra-boost brakes way out performed my 06 Dodge 2500 Cummins brakes
2006 Dodge Quad 2500/4X4/SWB/CTD/Auto
2013 Lance 825
Rancho 9000XLs Firestone Bags
2002 Jeep TJ Sahara Auto 6cyl

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
This happens all the time but I would not go anywhere with that, waay too much camper for an F-150. My dad put an 8' on a truck although called a 3/4 ton was basically a heavy half. That thing was absolutely evil in a cross wind and brakes were marginal.
Doesn't say which engine he has, would hope it would be the 300. Still, it will be slow on the hills and hard on gas with that load.

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
AISURFFISH wrote:
That's a real truck.. keep that in mind..from a time when trucks were made to be trucks and do truck stuff like carry sh!t and get dirty.. and only had room for 2 people and the dog...

I miss my 460..f-series

Disagree, my 95 F350 had horrible brakes compared to my current Dodge. The newer trucks had more steel in the bodies for sure, but safety wise...new trucks have more brakes, frame and axle capacities than old iron.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
At least you don't need a step going from the curb inside.

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer

I miss my 460..f-series
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
hedgehopper wrote:
How much does that Lance weigh? And what's the payload of the Ford?

A lot and not much.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
How much does that Lance weigh? And what's the payload of the Ford?

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
At least its an 8ft box..............

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wouldn't it be fine. I'm pretty sure the frame is on the bump stops. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good looking camper. And that straight 6 Ford engine is a tough, strong engine, with a ton of torque.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers