cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I empty a galley tank.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2001 a Forest River Real-Lite TC. I don't have a model name, but it is 10.5' in length. The monitor panel has an indicator for a galley grey tank, but I am totally unfamiliar with the concept.

Is this something that I can divert water into? I only have two valves in the waste drain compartment so I don't know how to empty this tank. I looked in all of the cabinets and access panels and I don't see any extra valves.

Does anyone have any info on these? I am beginning to think it is just an indicator on the panel and that I don't actually have a tank, although it is reading 1/4 full.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.
20 REPLIES 20

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:
? I only have two valves in the waste drain compartment so I don't know how to empty this tank. I looked in all of the cabinets and access panels and I don't see any extra valves.

two valves, two tanks, black and grey. what are you missing?
bumpy

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ask your question a different way?

Is the problem you cannot find the dump valves?
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
Follow the drain. It can't get that far in a TC.
I tried. I see the P trap under the sink and then the pipe disappears behind a panel. The next time I find it is in the service area under the bathroom sink where it merges with the bathroom sink drain and goes into the grey tank.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
anutami wrote:
Fill your galley sink with water and see where the water goes.
I'm not following you here.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fill your galley sink with water and see where the water goes.
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads