cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many Lance 1172 owners out there?

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lance 1172 is on our short list. How many of you have or had this camper and how you like it?
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)
7 REPLIES 7

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
The Camper weighs 4060 lbs. The new Ford Trucks are amazing. Lance did a great job matching the 18' 975's to the new Super Duty's.

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
stufarmer wrote:
We had a 17' 1172 on a 16 F350 Dually. Rain or Shine, it takes 8 minutes to lower the Rear Jacks and Open Both Slides just to get inside. On any surface that wasn't level, we found we had to lower the rear Jacks before entering to eliminated the street side Slide Out from sticking. We now own an SRW 18'F350 and 18' Lance 975. Never again will we own another multiple Slide truck Camper, it was a very expensive mistake.

Seems like a long time to lower the jacks and open the slides but a good point I didnโ€™t think about as far as the slides getting stuck.
How does the SRW carry the 975 and have you weighed the camper?
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
They were selling the 1172 using these. I do not know how much prescience they have in Australia they made a big splash in Sydney several years ago at the Sydney Caravan and Camping show them completely disappeared

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
We took some time and looked a new 1172 over. In the end, we decided it was not for us. A bit more money than we wanted to spend and a few things that just added up to a hard not for us.

Thank you all for your comments. It helped us a lot.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 17' 1172 on a 16 F350 Dually. Rain or Shine, it takes 8 minutes to lower the Rear Jacks and Open Both Slides just to get inside. On any surface that wasn't level, we found we had to lower the rear Jacks before entering to eliminated the street side Slide Out from sticking. We now own an SRW 18'F350 and 18' Lance 975. Never again will we own another multiple Slide truck Camper, it was a very expensive mistake.

broark01
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 1172 and pretty much agree with sd209 regarding the reclining sofa, though the storage underneath it is nice. It is also handy to have for people to sit on when they stop by. I like the 1172 for the most part and I did look at eagle cap and host campers too.

The generator, while loud, is drowned out with the AC and fan running (also loud but effective). The generator is a little bit of a propane pig too. I do have a Honda EU2000 but do not use it on the truck's front rack, just another thing to manage and duplicates the Onan's functionality. I would rather use the front rack for a mini-bike or extra storage for something else.

Lance TC Chatter Link

I have a 2015 F350 DRW with 14k lbs. gvwr and also added the air bags and stable loads (bought). The truck with the camper is probably over 14k lbs but keep in mind that the f350 generally has a higher load capacity than the f450. Regarding TPMS I could take or leave since a blowout can occur with the tires having the correct pressure and guess you would notice it if one blew.

sd1209
Explorer
Explorer
Bought an 1172 new 11/17....Very little issues with it..no leaks, slides work fine ....Had it back to the mfg once to fix the awning and one of the supporting jacks was not as tight as it should be....they took this jack off and re-bedded it and it has been fine since.....really no other issues.....

Couple of personal items--I dislike immensely the reclining sofa....Very uncomfortable for me (I am avg height/weight)...I would opt out if I were to order one..Others like it.....The generator is way too noisy..could never sleep all night with it....it works fine but just way to close in such a small space...I opted for a frt rack and carry a Honda 2000..Use it all night, it sips fuel and you cannot hear it from the sleeping area.....runs my a/c just fine after putting on a micro-air.....prior to that it would run it but struggled on start up......if I did it over again I would leave the gen off and save the weight on the rear axle.....

Keep in mind that the 1172 is heavy.....a 350 dually is at its max or over..I had to put on upper and lower stable loads (homemade) and 7500# airbags to get it right.....Also, with that much weight a TPMS is really a good idea....If one of the dual tires blows/leaks, at least a TPMS gives you a chance to pull over before the other one might go also......
Steve and Liz
Elko, Nv and San Diego, Ca
2017 Lance 1172
2016 F350 dually
2010 Jeep Wrangler