cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How often..

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
How often do you replace your trailer tires?
22 REPLIES 22

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
falconbrother wrote:
How often do you replace your trailer tires?

ROFLMAO..... never saw this question asked before.....
Did a new rvnet member steal your handle or are you just pulling our leg here??

But at least it was a very vague, ambiguous question sure to stir up a bunch of useless fodder and you can pick the โ€œrightโ€ answer to support your own opinion!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I start getting nervous around the 5 year mark. I've never had a tire failure, but I always replaced with a heavier duty tire than necessary. Currently running Goodyear Endurance E rated on a 9500lbs GVWR trailer, rated at around 2800lbs per tire.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Averages around every 7 years and 50k-55k miles with 16" LT E. Same with other bumper pull/GN non rv trailers with 15"/16" tires. Non of my trailer sit in the sun when not being used.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
Date codes seem to run 7 years or less. Inspection generally shows cracks and tread separation well before the tread is gone. On my third set in 13 years. The originals were total junk. Been running Maxxis since.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every four years. Iโ€™m conservative and want no problems. LR D for my light TT.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that if I get 4 years out of trailer tire I'm doing good.
Even with very low miles they just don't last. I've been lucky in that since 2004 I've only had 3 blowouts on the highway and suffered no damage to the trailer.
I usually spot a bad tire when inspecting them before a trip. Usually it's sidewall or tread bulge but a couple of times the tread just separated from the carcass.
I did go to D rated tires but they don't seem to last either.
Just say no to the payload police :C

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
kellem wrote:
I have been replacing tires every 5 years with at least a D rated tire.

5 years, G rated tires balanced. I repack the trailer berhings every year.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I have been replacing tires every 5 years with at least a D rated tire.