cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to fix

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
So we brought our new tt home a couple of weeks ago and I just noticed this this morning..How would i fix this or should.I take it 15 min drive back to dealer for warranty
20 REPLIES 20

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
DEALER !!!!!!!!
It looks like it might have gotten hot due to the vinyl strip that should be covering the screws looks to be melted. Anyway, take some pictures and document the issue. There might be more going on then you know about.
Good Luck. I hope it comes out good. These things are supposed to be fun.

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Every new trailer I've ever looked at from every manuf. has that same type of application. Nothing wrong with how it's applied other than the small useless straggler left behind after they stopped applying.

The top, horizontal track is missing the rubber 'bumper' that covers the screws (much like the vertical one to the right). I definitely do not dismiss the fact that the manufacturers are putting out some sloppy work in the their caulking -- very lazy/snotty workmanship!
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every new trailer I've ever looked at from every manuf. has that same type of application. Nothing wrong with how it's applied other than the small useless straggler left behind after they stopped applying.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Kylesmith3021 wrote:
Yea this is a

brand new 2015

starcraft 26bh..taking it in on friday..also one of the plastic screw things that hold the fridge vent door on the outside is broke

Get that puppy back to the dealership asap! :B

Seriously you need to have all that addressed and fixed so you will have a nice future camping with it. From your pictures that is a leak just waiting to happen and cause further damage to your RV.

And....start with the "General Sales Manager of that store" do NOT start with the Service Manager.

The service department is the last place you want to try and get that all taken care of right now. They will bury it to cover their butts and give you nothing but the run around.

You want to have the "General Manager" aware of this problem and heading up and staying on top of your repairs.

Good Luck hope they step up to the plate and fix 'everything' you need and repaired in a competent manner.

Let us know how it all turns out.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
x2

x22. There is nothing right about that.

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
Meyers dealership in churchville, ny

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
What dealership?
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

Kylesmith3021
Explorer
Explorer
Yea this is a brand new 2015 starcraft 26bh..taking it in on friday..also one of the plastic screw things that hold the fridge vent door on the outside is broke

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
all i am seeing missing is the rubber isert molding that coves the screws

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take pictures. Get on the roof and look for more problems. Take pictures from that angle too. Then take it back to the dealer.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Something isn't right here...something is actually really wrong, especially if that is a new trailer.

I agree with others. Get it back to the dealer and it does look like they are trying to cover something up with a very sloppy and hurried repair.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
new? or new to you?...no way a NEW trailer should look like that!
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Take it back to the dealer under warranty. If there is a deeper problem, that's been covered up, there's a track record started. If you fix it yourself and you discover an underlying problem later, you may void the warranty by doing a self-repair. Best to take it back to the dealer. I can't believe it left their lot looking like that. I agree, that's more than 2 weeks old. Yes, you can fix it yourself, easy fix with new Dicor caulk. But then you won't have the fall back if you discover a bigger issues.

Edit: The more I look at that picture, the more I think that is really a c r a p p y caulking job!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
x2
Definitely take it back. It's missing the cover strip and it does look a little fishy how it all was applied in that area and why the strip hanging down.

Taking it back, you will CYA with any further problems if it is documented in the service department. Take pictures, lots of pictures before you take it back in.

IMHO if they give you any flack ask to see the in house service report on that TT. It sure does look like they fixed something there and poorly at that. Good Luck.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.