cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get the TC in the garage?

jefffoxsr
Explorer
Explorer
What methods are there to get the truck camper inside the garage for the winter if it's too tall to back in while it's loaded on my truck?

If I can't get it in the garage what are good methods to protect it while it remains outside for the winter?

Thanks.
Jeff Fox
20 REPLIES 20

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
joeshmoe wrote:
Most everything I've read about covers are negative. Don't last long, induces moisture, etc.

I'll add to that. I had an Aqua-Shed. It did exactly as the name implied -- it was a shed for water. I would go out when it was raining, and more water was coming down my downspouts on the camper than over and off the cover.
I called Aquashed and complained. I figured they forgot to spray it with Rainx or something. They said "Oh, it's supposed to breath".... I replied "like a fish?". They hung up on me. It was not a good call.
I'm near Seattle, and that was the biggest waste of money I ever spent on my TC.
If you're in Arizona and want to keep the sun off, get an Aquashed.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

Jfet
Explorer
Explorer
We pulled our flatbed camper out of the garage on 4x4 wood skis. Perhaps if you could find a strong anchor point inside, you could use a $20 come-a-long to do the same thing to get your camper into your garage.

The nice thing about the skis is they can't get away from you. (unless you do this during the winter in N. Dakota.)

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I have the same dilemma. Too tall for the garage no matter how much I lower it. So I'm stuck with either leaving it exposed (which some people seem to think is just fine) or covering it. Most everything I've read about covers are negative. Don't last long, induces moisture, etc. Even with care, I'm watching my camper turn to an ever-so-slight shade of yellow. So I bought a cover yesterday online. I don't care. I'd rather spend a couple hundred every 2 or 3 years on a cover, than watch it prematurely fade and turn yellow.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

jefffoxsr
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Can you describe what this dolly is and where I would buy one? Thanks.
Jeff Fox

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
Put it on a dolly and wheel it back in. I do that to fit it under my carport.
Happy TC'N,
David

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
get it wrapped, like they do a boat.