cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to protect the edges of your roof from covers

T-tom
Explorer
Explorer
What is good item to protect the edges of your roof from the movement of trailer covers. They seem to rub the outer edges a lot?
10 REPLIES 10

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer
Try foam pipe insulation. I had trouble with the gutter drips offs on the corners of the TT that stick out. I used pieces of foam pipe insulation cut to length and black tape to push over the drip offs to keep them from wearing holes in my cover. It worked great. The pipe insulation could be slipped over the gutter in your case. Another idea is to use 3 or 4 laundry baskets purchased at Dollar Tree or Dollar General, etc. turned upside down on the roof to support the cover and create a slope for run off of rain, melted snow or ice.
Ed & Michele :C

mojocamping_
Explorer
Explorer
I used yoga matts and non residue duct tape

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on the pool noodles. We use them every year. Buy a couple and just cut them up and place over anything protruding from RV that might tear cover.

Bethany_Carolin
Explorer
Explorer
pool noodles... cut to any size... cut in half if needed & duct tape

Charles2222
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe having them to tight is the problem.Re read the instructions that came with your cover.I got some pipe insulation,about 1' inside dia. And covered the drain spouts and hardly snug my cover for three years now without any signs of rub.(less friction)

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Get some old rags and some blue painters tape, and secure the rags with the tape and you'll be good to go. Cinch the cover down tight too!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi T-tom, We had the same problem. We get a bit of wind and even doing our best to make the cover as tight as possible it would rub the paint off of certain locations and it wore through the cover in a couple of places.

I got old towels attached them to the locations that were most problematic. That protected the paint and the cover.

Don't know any other solution. You might be able to wrap the cover and trailer with rope spaced close enough that it would prevent any movement.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
T-tom wrote:
What is good item to protect the edges of your roof from the movement of trailer covers. They seem to rub the outer edges a lot?

You're imagining a problem that isn't :W ... I've used 3 different ADCO covers on 3 different trailers and in 10 yrs haven't had this issue at all. This will be my current cover's 4th winter and I have no reason to expect any difficulties at all.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've never had problems with the top corners damaging our ADCO in the 12 years we used it.

daystrom
Explorer
Explorer
Get the correct size cover and cinch down the fasteners so it doesn't move.
2012 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BH
2012 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L PSD SRW
11,500 GVWR, 3522 lbs of payload