cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to secure storage area while connected to water?

Sheepdog85
Explorer
Explorer
My city water hook up is inside my front storage area. This means I cannot lock the storage while the hose is connected.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to secure this area?

Does anyone else have this same problem?

2019 Grand Design Transcend Xplor, 265bh
2019 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265bh
2019 Dodge Ram 3500
30 REPLIES 30

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the OP will hire both of you to sit at his camper and turn the water off when he leaves, and then turn it back on when he returns....

What kind of salary are we talking here? Benefits, 401k matching etc...

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the OP will hire both of you to sit at his camper and turn the water off when he leaves, and then turn it back on when he returns....

What kind of salary are we talking here? Benefits, 401k matching etc...

Reese 16K

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
CharlesinGA wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Continuous city water hookup is dangerous IMO. Something pops when your gone and what a mess. Fill your FW tank and use the pump.

^^^THIS

Charles
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
I keep connected to city water but have an Y adapter so its easy if I am gone all day to just flip the lever to shut it off to the trailer and flip it back when I get back.

Reese 16K

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Continuous city water hookup is dangerous IMO. Something pops when your gone and what a mess. Fill your FW tank and use the pump.

What do you do at your home? No difference of a busted water lines in the camper or the house.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
mobeewan wrote:
I lived in my trailer for 5 years sitting in one spot the whole time. The only time I ever disconnected the water line was when the temperature was going to freeze the hose going to the trailer. I would disconnect the hose leaving it lying on the ground disconnected from the water spigot so it would drain. I also brought my regulator/filter assembly which hung under the trailer inside and drained both of them. The regulator assembly had a watts house regulator with gauges I added on the inlet and outlet side of the regulator. It was set to 50 PSI. The trailer pump was set at 45 PSI.

When the hose was disconnected I would run off the water tank refilling it as needed and then reconnect the water hose when the temperatures would be staying above 30 degrees at night. Never once worried about my PEX tubing rupturing and flooding the trailer when the hose was connected and the water turned on. I only worried about the hose freezing solid or the filter housing bursting.

Yep yep
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Double post due to poor connection.
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

^^^THIS

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Sheepdog85 wrote:
Correct, I found the hatch/hole in the bottom of the compartment. The one that was RIGHT in front of my face ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I can lock the compartment while the water is connected.

Thanks again.

Sometimes, those are the hardest to find.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Sheepdog85
Explorer
Explorer
Correct, I found the hatch/hole in the bottom of the compartment. The one that was RIGHT in front of my face ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I can lock the compartment while the water is connected.

Thanks again.
2019 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265bh
2019 Dodge Ram 3500

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
He found the hatch on the bottom of the compartment!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sheepdog85 wrote:
Thank you all very much. I'm embarrassed I didn't figure this out on my own.
I don't even know what you figured out.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I lived in my trailer for 5 years sitting in one spot the whole time. The only time I ever disconnected the water line was when the temperature was going to freeze the hose going to the trailer. I would disconnect the hose leaving it lying on the ground disconnected from the water spigot so it would drain. I also brought my regulator/filter assembly which hung under the trailer inside and drained both of them. The regulator assembly had a watts house regulator with gauges I added on the inlet and outlet side of the regulator. It was set to 50 PSI. The trailer pump was set at 45 PSI.

When the hose was disconnected I would run off the water tank refilling it as needed and then reconnect the water hose when the temperatures would be staying above 30 degrees at night. Never once worried about my PEX tubing rupturing and flooding the trailer when the hose was connected and the water turned on. I only worried about the hose freezing solid or the filter housing bursting.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Sheepdog85 wrote:
Thank you all very much. I'm embarrassed I didn't figure this out on my own.
Go to Walmart and get one of these - in the camping section

90 Degree Hose Elbow
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS