cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy.

No need for more words, the video tells the story. I'll be studying Mountain Cowboys S&S Red Repair video for this one.
45 REPLIES 45

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I had a jack sheared offโ€ฆ.Kinda reminded me of what it felt like to step on a steamy-fresh Cow Pattyโ€ฆ

3 tons

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Much like a low-hanging large tree limb in an RV park site -- whose responsibility?? The RV owner's to try to gingerly negotiate his positioning on the site, or the park's owners to simply be responsible enough to trim the tree? Same concept.

Translation; Get that hamn tree out of my way! I have a right to bring my house out to enjoy nature!

Frankly, yes. If I'm patronizing your RV park, and paying you (dearly) for a safe, comfortable place to park and hook up my RV overnight, you DO owe me and others the common courtesy of providing for your patrons the best you can. If you can't (or won't), there are plenty of other fish in the sea. So, yes indeed, you translated precisely right! Glad you got the point :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Much like a low-hanging large tree limb in an RV park site -- whose responsibility?? The RV owner's to try to gingerly negotiate his positioning on the site, or the park's owners to simply be responsible enough to trim the tree? Same concept.

Translation; Get that hamn tree out of my way! I have a right to bring my house out to enjoy nature!

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
JRscooby wrote:
Reality Check wrote:

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

lol, that just turned south and took a nose dive. Where did that come from??

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Great thread! Thanks for the eye opener OP!

Somebody is upset that I understand that if real research was done the numbers I put out might be proven to be "Alternative Facts" But I don't think there is any question, most people do not hit pipes.
Now the OP has said he is responsible for the damage. I take the post as a reminder that snot can happen. But a large percentage of people seem to think property owners should not only provide a service, but also make sure the RVers can't damage their rig.

Not necessarily 'can't' damage their rig, but perhaps have less of a chance of doing so.

Keeping up here....

Since you asked a question; it's the driver's responsibility. Ultimately, it's the driver who is responsible to check surroundings. Ever wonder why most professional drivers (truck, cops, maintenance vehicles, etc) most always back into a parking spot? It's safer. Same as the cone concept. Same as knowing our height and reading signs. Same as checking for limbs on things that grow.

We can hope for, wish for, want, more signs to assist us, but that doesn't transfer the responsibility.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Reality Check wrote:

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Somebody is upset that I understand that if real research was done the numbers I put out might be proven to be "Alternative Facts" But I don't think there is any question, most people do not hit pipes.
Now the OP has said he is responsible for the damage. I take the post as a reminder that snot can happen. But a large percentage of people seem to think property owners should not only provide a service, but also make sure the RVers can't damage their rig.

Not necessarily 'can't' damage their rig, but perhaps have less of a chance of doing so.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reality Check wrote:

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Reality Check wrote:

Read JRscooby's previous post -- that's exactly where it came from, and my response was intended for him, not the OP.

Try to keep up :C

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II

B. No, pipes can't 'train' anyone, however they can 'prevent' drivers from damaging whatever it is they are set there for.

Pipe can't train? Are you saying the OP is likely to hit it again?
I bet he, and many that looked at pictures will pay more attention to them for a while.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Slightly less objective, surprised someone hasnโ€™t designed a kids backpack with an auto deploying dune buggy flag.
The Karenโ€™s of the world would eat it up!

(Donโ€™t nobody steal my idea nowโ€ฆ this may be my ticket to riches!). Haha

I think I like that idea better than the school backpack I saw at Christmas. The 6 YO was so proud he could unzip, pull out of a pocket, pull over his head and have the meat of his body sandwiched in Kevlar

You can train a child. You can't train red pipes sticking out of the ground. :C

If the child lives long enough.
I thought the job of the red pipe was to train drivers not to run over the valuable stuff.

A. ???

B. No, pipes can't 'train' anyone, however they can 'prevent' drivers from damaging whatever it is they are set there for.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
Slightly less objective, surprised someone hasnโ€™t designed a kids backpack with an auto deploying dune buggy flag.

I think I like that idea better than the school backpack I saw at Christmas. The 6 YO was so proud he could unzip, pull out of a pocket, pull over his head and have the meat of his body sandwiched in Kevlar

If the child lives long enough.
I thought the job of the red pipe was to train drivers not to run over the valuable stuff.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:

Nobody's saying to remove the posts, just design them using a little common sense. I'll bet your "99.99%" figure is quite high. I'd imagine they've been hit plenty of times due to their faulty design.

I admit, I'm using trump numbers, but if I had some way to prove it I would bet it averages at least 1000 uses between impacts. And the same in-attention that leads to impact there could in another time/place impact a child. How do we re-design them?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And, completely objective. Yes flags on โ€œshortโ€ obstructions does increase their visibility.
Thatโ€™s why that method is widely employed in many applications.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold