cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypervent Pads???

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you who are using a memory foam mattresses, I have a question...how many are also using a Hypervent pad under the mattress to prevent mold, mildew or moisture? I am not sure this is a problem in trailers as much as boats, but before I spend any money to buy one I wanted to know if this is really something to be concerned about.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your replies. I probably should have titled this question a little better and I might have got more responses. I might re-title this question and try again. 😉

But from the replies I got...most are saying they haven't had any issues for mold or mildrew while using their memory foam mattresses.

Griz14

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
The memory foam sits on the cheapest mattress/box spring combo you can imagine. There is nothing in ours to trap moisture.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

SWFL_FlyFisher
Explorer
Explorer
We've used Hypervent on our cutter for several years and it has worked beautifully at eliminating moisture/condensation under the mattress. We just bought our trailer a couple of weeks ago so don't have a lot of time with it, but based on our previous experience on the boat we decided to put it in the trailer too. I'm thinking it's probably not as much of an issue with the TT as with the boat where the berth was below the waterline but I figure it can't hurt (and I had enough on hand to do the short queen in our FunFinder).

Daz

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have had memory foam mattresses in our last 3 RVs, a TT, a 5th wheel and now our new fifth wheel. We travel in the south during the summer, have lots of snow and cold here all winter.

We've never had a problem with mold anywhere.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Used MF for years and never had a problem but it's dry here.
I hope you are taking about the inside of your trailer because it sure and heck hasn't been dry here lately. 🙂

That for the info...I am beginning to think Hyper vent pads are more of an advertising gimmick than a real issue.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I put a half inch thick styrofoam type board under my mattress to improve insulation and reduce cold weather sweating. I really don't know if it's amounted to anything or not. It's been there for well over 10 years with no issues.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Used MF for years and never had a problem but it's dry here.