Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

:( I can't believe I did it!

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
We sold the camper today.

We have some life changes coming up and needed to pay off some bills. Oddly enough, the TC was the best choice to divest ourselves of. Also, we found ourselves spending more and more time at the same campground - Loyston Point on Norris Lake in TN, so we figure we might just get a small towable camper and leave it there.

We will get another truck camper some day when we can really travel the country and enjoy it. Even when not towing a boat, they are sooooo convenient.

I have made so many great friends on this site and at the Southeastern Truck Camper Rally. You taught me so much...

Please welcome Angie and Steve into your fold. They traveled all the way from the Baltimore area to adopt my baby. I know they will get as much joy out of it as I did. I'll still be keeping an eye out on this forum for all the great trip reports and life lessons.

Lisa
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon
10 REPLIES 10

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Pics please

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
GoinThisAway wrote:
I know that had to be a tough decision. You were so proud of your second TC, and rightly so. It was a beauty! But you didn't answer the question that immediately pops into my mind ... did you ever allow #2?

I was very proud of that little baby!! It was (and still is) perfect!

And NO....NO #2! Unless the grandkids did under the radar!

We picked up the new baby last Saturday. It grew to 29 feet!!!!
Not as nimble as the Northstar, but hopefully we get as much fun out of it. It looks so strange sitting in the same place the TC was.
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I know that had to be a tough decision. You were so proud of your second TC, and rightly so. It was a beauty! But you didn't answer the question that immediately pops into my mind ... did you ever allow #2?
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
bbaker2001 wrote:
14 months ago wife retired and we bought a new ram 3500 and used 5er
1st trip out got call she has cancer, have parked unit since except of a 9 day trip.
have had 3 surgeries and in AZ for more opinions, with ObamaCare affordable ins, we are looking at app 43,000 for medical. We too might have to let something go.

Hope things get better for you and you can get back on road.
We have been at Cancer treatment Center of America for 10 days, they have a full hookups. At least we are camping.

Prayers for you both. Don't you love Obamacare!
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the invite, Kohldad. I need to meet that new-ish grandbaby of yours.

At the risk of sounding like a crybaby...which I am. When I got home last night and saw the empty spot where my baby was, I sobbed.

You guys are great!
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
14 months ago wife retired and we bought a new ram 3500 and used 5er
1st trip out got call she has cancer, have parked unit since except of a 9 day trip.
have had 3 surgeries and in AZ for more opinions, with ObamaCare affordable ins, we are looking at app 43,000 for medical. We too might have to let something go.

Hope things get better for you and you can get back on road.
We have been at Cancer treatment Center of America for 10 days, they have a full hookups. At least we are camping.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Best of everything for the future! We all have reasons for the changes we make in our lives!

Keep a positive thought! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
Life changes can kick you in the rear end some times! They have for our family but we always manage to make it through. Good luck on your new adventures!
2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good luck in your next RV adventure. Norris Lake is a great lake!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž ๐Ÿ˜ž
You were so excited to get the camper, I'm surprised you had it so short of a time. But knowing you, you had good reasons and though hard before doing so.

We'll be looking for you to still attend the SE Gathering and staying in a cabin. Late night fire chat just wouldn't be the same. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)