cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

i need new tires

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
15 inch towmax on a sprinter, I know its over due for tires, maxxis seems to be highly recommended, any others?
41 REPLIES 41

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon reviews on the new Carlisle tires.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
what ever your load rating code is? go one higher .I,ve used tow master on my boats with no problems ,I pull from ohio to arizona every year.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I had Maxxis on my last camper. They were 65mph rated in a 'D'. That would still be my choice today though. Look at the date on the sidewall prior to buying if possible.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I changed from TowMax to Carlisle 3 years ago. The TM's were D rated and I had several blow outs and poor tread wear. Changed to Carlisle Radial Trail E rated and after @
30,000 miles no problem and very good tread wear. Not sure if it was due to quality but I think it was probably due to a beefier tire. Anyway, good performance from the Carlisle and they are readily available if I need to replace one on the road.

eluwak
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone try Greenball Towmaster SS Special Trailer Radial Tires?

We had a blowout on our last trip, and have been pretty pleased with Costco so far.
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 CC LB 6.0L
1998 Chevy C2500 Suburban 454 3.73 (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 EB CC 4x4 w/Max Tow (Sold) ๐Ÿ˜ž
2013 North Trail 28BRS

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
http://taskmasterproducts.com/products/provider-st-radial/
Starlite/PJ trailers and other commercial type trailers are using Provider ST tires. Reports from haulers have been positive compared to other ST brands mentioned. They have the nylon overlay and are M speed rated.
My bud has a 22k GN dump trailer that we were hauling crushed cars on till the scrap metal market sank. This trailer and the Provider ST235/80-16 E tires has over 80k miles running 70 mph at times with max axle loads.

They should work for a RV also. Check them out in your area.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Carlisle tires on the last two trailers, never had a problem with them and put high kilometers on both trailers.
Had a single brake lock up problem last summer coming back from a 2000km trip and never realized it. When I got home I found the one tire was down to it's steel belt and it never blew or deflated.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
The local tire shop sells both Towmax and Carlisle, they recommend the Towmax.

Go figure.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 sets of Carlisle's on our last 2 trailers. Had each set for 2yrs, no issues at all. Held pressure between trips, and during winter hibernation. Only replaced the tires because the rest of the trailer was replaced as well each time!!! Lol

First set was the model before the RH's came out, second set was the RH's.

In speaking with a gentleman at Carlisle back in the fall, they have a new model that is suppose to come out in the spring. New tread design, lower rolling resistance, and can't remember what else he said was new. Lol

Both the RH and the new model are speed rated above 65mph. If I remember right, 16"- 75mph, 15"- 81mph, 14"- ? may have been 81mph also.

Somewhere on here the was thread about Maxxis. They are also speed rated above 65mph, but don't recall the exact amount.

As for other brands, well.... Not sure I would go there unless I had to.

This coming spring I plan on replacing the stock tires our Jayco came with, stepping up to the next load range for more "reserve capacity". May be an option to look at if your rims are able to handle the higher tire pressure.

Good luck!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
they make a lot of tires I know, keep in mind

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the tires on my Springdale (don't have it any more) with Carlisle tires. Three years later, I sold the camper with those same tires on it. Good good results on the original tires ... 5 years, and then they began to dry rot. So had to replace them. Went with Carlisle and didn't have any problems. When we sold the camper, the dealer said the tires were in good shape!

Not sure what my current camper has, but it's going on 3 years, these are the originals from the factory, still going well.

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the OEM Blowmax with Carlisle trailer tires. No problems going on 2 years.

You'll get lots of "expert"adice I'm sure.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.