cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

i need new tires

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
15 inch towmax on a sprinter, I know its over due for tires, maxxis seems to be highly recommended, any others?
41 REPLIES 41

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
CKNSLS wrote:

The new Carlisle "RH" has been out for at least five years with many accumulated miles with NO ISSUES! There is no experimentation needed. Just attitude adjustments!

I bought a set of the Carlisle RH tires. So far, they've been great. They tow well, and seem very rugged. Time will tell though.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Clockman wrote:
Duro's!
At least get radials.
My DURO bias ply came apart at 2.5 years. ALL or them were failing after inspecting for replacement.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
CKNSLS wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
Amazon reviews on the new Carlisle tires.
If there was ever a question about online reviews, this is the place marker for what's wrong with them. Some of these reviewers didn't even own the tire. One reviewer based his rating on golf cart tires.

FWIW, I put on Carlisle Trail RH Load D 15" a few years ago. Low miles but they are doing well.

I wasn't stating anything negative. I only posted a link to the Amazon page. I was looking there to get an idea of price actually. People can take reviews for what they're worth. I wasn't expecting them to be that bad. I would still consider them simply because of the speed rating wiggle room though.

Understood, no foul on your part. It is just about the worst collection of reviews on a product I've seen. Stuff like this:"I see these particular tires are made in China. I doubt I will buy any. " (from a reviewer giving two stars)
This is what happens once you earn a bad reputation... Maybe these new tires are OK... But they are made by the same company that for years told us how great their junk tires were... I bought a few sets, and had the same poor performance that many others had.

I will let the "new crop" of buyers experiment to see if they are now telling the truth.
No more money from me.

The new Carlisle "RH" has been out for at least five years with many accumulated miles with NO ISSUES! There is no experimentation needed. Just attitude adjustments!
My attitude was adjusted as my wallet got thinner buying their previous junk... I see no reason to support them in their new endeavors.
Obviously, I am not alone. That is why they are getting bad reviews.
Once a bad reputation is EARNED, it is very hard to make it go away.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Michelin LTs years ago and have never looked back. Why buy China Bombs?

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
rode2nowhere wrote:
from what I have read they are all a gamble, nail in the road, blow outs happen, maxxis seems to be recommended

Maxxis is popular on this TT forum and not so popular on others. We've had 30 members reporting ST8008 failures but they still seem to have lots of supporters.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
from what I have read they are all a gamble, nail in the road, blow outs happen, maxxis seems to be recommended

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
If there was ever a question about online reviews, this is the place marker for what's wrong with them. Some of these reviewers didn't even own the tire. One reviewer based his rating on golf cart tires.

FWIW, I put on Carlisle Trail RH Load D 15" a few years ago. Low miles but they are doing well.

I wasn't stating anything negative. I only posted a link to the Amazon page. I was looking there to get an idea of price actually. People can take reviews for what they're worth. I wasn't expecting them to be that bad. I would still consider them simply because of the speed rating wiggle room though.

Understood, no foul on your part. It is just about the worst collection of reviews on a product I've seen. Stuff like this:"I see these particular tires are made in China. I doubt I will buy any. " (from a reviewer giving two stars)
This is what happens once you earn a bad reputation... Maybe these new tires are OK... But they are made by the same company that for years told us how great their junk tires were... I bought a few sets, and had the same poor performance that many others had.

I will let the "new crop" of buyers experiment to see if they are now telling the truth.
No more money from me.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:

No more money from me.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Clockman
Explorer
Explorer
Duro's!

westend
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
Ive got a set of Greenball Towmaster E rated, I have had them on for just about a year so far so good.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
CampingN.C. wrote:

2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I had good luck with Maxxis 225 75R 15 E tires on a prior trailer.

If shopping today, I would consider the Carlisle RH because of their speed rating and availability.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

westend
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had Maxxis tires on the last 3 campers with nary a problem. Can't complain about other brands because I've never had any.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch