cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it ok to use Spray Nine to clean Gray Water tank?

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
This week-end I'm planning to rinse off and clean up the black water tank, filling it with water using the https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Flexible-Swivel-Stik/14504324Camco Flexible Swivel Stik

Then I will take the TT to the local RV dealer to use their dump station (all local CGs are closed around here).

I will fill up my gray water to clean up my sewer hose, as usual.

To do that, is it ok if I pour Spray Nine in the sink drain with water, instead of dish detergent? Contrary to dish soap, Spray Nine disinfects.

This will all be done prior to winterization with the pink RV plumbing antifreeze.

Any comments/suggestions?

Marc
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone
10 REPLIES 10

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
At the end of the season I dump the tanks , fill them and dump again , then I fill them with water , add a half gallon of bleach and let it sit for a couple days . Dump and thats it .

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
After rinsing I drain my tank in DW rose garden.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just fill it up with water...dump it...pour some antifreeze in the tank when you winterize (maybe half a gallon?) and be done.

No need for all that other stuff...

JMHO

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
In 14 years of camping I've never don't anything to my gray water tank but pull the valve and drain it.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no familiarity with the Spray Nine product you speak of although I imagine it couldn't hurt with all the various concoctions many use to keep their black/grey tanks happy. We purchased a simple, low-end tank wand nearly 10 years ago at Camping World when on a shopping spree to equip our then new TT.

Just 3 little holes on the head, but it sure does shoot powerful streams that easily restores our tank sensors capabilities such as they were from the factory. We installed an internal tank flush/rinser that does a decent job most times, but is no match for our $6 tank wand in removing residual build-up. We use tank wand every 4 or 5 trips out.

marcarolle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your answers. I purchased the flexible wand 3 years ago when I bought the TT. You're right, I should have bought the straight one. I have used it just once since. Granted: PITA to use. But I will have to do with that.

So Spray Nine is ok for my gray tank?

Oasisbob: my trailer is a 2004. What do you mean by: auxillury internal water sprayer?

Thanks all.
Me
DW

Gouda - 11 months Golden Retriever
Eva Golden Retriever (we miss you!)

2019 F150 2.7l V6 Ecoboost
2008 Gulf Breeze 26RKS

2004 Antigua 215SS Hybrid - gone
2002 Jayco Eagle 12SD pop up - gone
1996 10 ft Clipper pop up - gone
1977 10 ft Lionel pop up - gone

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a good plan.........overkill but won't hurt anything.

By overkill I just mean draining/quick rinse works also.

As for that swivel head tool........I have never used one (have flush system on current RV) but I have read on this very forum folks asking for help to retrieve the swivel head. Seems they can come off right at the flex part.
Just a heads up......
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I see the advantage. I've never done anything like that. As Bob said, keep it simple.

Like SoundGuy I use a standard wand for the black tank. It does an excellent job.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
marcarolle wrote:
Any comments/suggestions?

I've used Walex Elemonate in my grey tank for the last two seasons and have been surprised at what comes out of the tank. :E A couple times each season I also toss some Walex Commando in the black tank, though one could use it in the grey as well to help clear the monitor probes just as it does in the black tank. Never have any odour issues and the monitors in general seem to work as well as could be expected. ๐Ÿ™‚

FWIW, amongst others I have one of those swivel head tank wands and although it seems to do a pretty good job it's a PITA to use since the rotating head wants to bang against the tank walls. Periodically rotating a simple tank wand by hand works just as well and eliminates the need to constantly hold the rotating head wand to prevent it from hitting the tank walls. JMO.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
We just run the auxillury internal water sprayer. Never had any concerns. Why make it difficult? Keep it simple my friend
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)