cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco's Jay Flight 26BH/27BH and Jay Flight Swift 264BH Triplets are very popular

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
When ever a TT goes down the road, I take notice since I like camping. Anymore, I've been identifying many of these Jayco triplets out on the road. They are all the same floorplan with just different features and options. I usually see the 26BH/27BH twins the most. In the last 2 days, I've seen 4 on the roads.

They are really easy to identify since they are Jayco's longest travel trailer without a slide, and the window, outside storage door, and main door locations are easy to spot.

When Jayco said this was their #1 selling floorplan, they meant it!
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.
30 REPLIES 30

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
I'm shocked they ditched the 28BHS floorplan and don't even have a viable replacement for it. The 28BHS was on our shortlist when we bought the trailer we have now.

They do have a replacement for the 28bhs its now called a Jayflight Swift 281BHS. Saw one at the dealer and looked exactly like mine from the outside except for swift decals and the windows were not tinted, propane bottles are smaller and it had 3 steps instead of 2. Inside the rear sink is smaller, no wallpaper in kitchen, the control panel was on the side of the fridge where anyone can touch them. Those are the things I noticed with a quick glance not sure if Swift is a cheaper version of Jayflight. The list price was $500.00 cheaper than my 2013 with similar options and it weighed about 500lbs less.

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
I'm shocked they ditched the 28BHS floorplan and don't even have a viable replacement for it. The 28BHS was on our shortlist when we bought the trailer we have now.
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

5rvers
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from a 600 mile road trip with my 2013 Jayco 28BHS while there are things I don't like about it there are more things I do like for example the extra counter space in the kitchen allows me to bring my full size coffee maker, but most important I find it to be a well built trailer for the price.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Thank you all, we may have found our next bunk house trailer. We have two DS... We also like the Jayco 28BH with the small slide out.

Jayco makes some nice trailers.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Yeh, I also looked at the 2013 Jay Flight 28BHS that the dealer had on the lot. My wife and I clearly liked the 26BH much better. We originally had a 19BH which is the same floorplan as the 26BH minus the front queen bed. We knew already what we enjoyed the most about the 19BH and how it would be expanded on with the 26BH. We also knew what we would be giving up if we went with the 28BHS and didn't find much benefit.

Here's my previous post explaining that.

2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH

2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH

2012 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS

2011 was the last year for the Jay Flight 19BH as it was replaced with the newer Jay Flight 19RD. This floorplan is less guest friendly with a short 60" sofa sleeper and is more cramped with the sofa across from the dinette.

19RD that replaces 19BH

If you want the 28BHS, better get it before all the 2013s are gone as 2013 was it's last year also. It was replaced by the Jay Flight 28BHBE which unfortunately is 3' longer and a whole 1,500 lbs heavier. Obviously it's not a good replacement. To long to fit into my driveway and to heavy for my truck with family and gear.

28BHBE that replaces 28BHS

2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all, we may have found our next bunk house trailer. We have two DS... We also like the Jayco 28BH with the small slide out.

Jayco makes some nice trailers.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

SC_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Our 04 27BH has ducted ac in ceiling and ducted heat in floor. AC controls are on the unit at the air return.

It has the small bunk over the double. Plan works good for us. Upper bunk only for DD friends if she brings one.

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Mike, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with these options. I had not thought about the wardrobe in this particular floor plan. I have been looking at some other floor plans with double over double and the ward is in a different location.

Question, is your AC ducted on this model? My father in laws is not ducted and it makes the master area a bit stuffy.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Yes, the AC is ducted. In 2009, Jayco offered a ducted AC that's thermostatically controlled. My previous 2008 Jay Flight 19BH's AC was not ducted.

Popupguy2001
Explorer
Explorer
I love mine.
My Wife and I
2 boys 14 and 11
Certified BBQ Judge KCBS
Certified Chili Judge CASI
2005 Suburban 1/2 Ton 4WD
2006 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mike, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with these options. I had not thought about the wardrobe in this particular floor plan. I have been looking at some other floor plans with double over double and the ward is in a different location.

Question, is your AC ducted on this model? My father in laws is not ducted and it makes the master area a bit stuffy.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH

~Walt Disney~

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't want 2 double size bunks.

For 2 reasons.

1st: The bottom double size bunk is so closed in, you really need that extra space above not to feel like you're in a coffin. We slept on the bottom double bunk while the son slept on the single bunk above when we had the same floorplan (minus front bedroom) in our previous 19BH. There's no way I'd want a double size bunk above. Kids grow and get bigger. They'll not want to be confined in either. Plus the smaller kids will have a hard time getting to the top bunk if they can't step off of the bottom bunk. Our son, when he was small, needed help just getting into the top single bunk. When he got older and could reach the bottom bunk, he used that.

2nd: With 2 double size bunks, you will have no dresser/ward. We fill that dresser/ward up with the kids clothes and stuff. I can't image where you'd put their stuff, if there was no dresser/ward. We use the double size under bed storage for hoses, chocks, blocks, tire jack, extention cords, grills/stove, and games. You need a dresser especially if you have 2 double size bunks. Makes no sense not to have it. I'm thinking this is why they never offered a top double bunk as an option until other makers did.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure there some that would like the 2 double size bunks, but not me.

In fact in previous years, Jayco offered a 2 single bunk option with a floor to ceiling dresser/ward. It was an option on my 19BH in 2008 and the 26BH.

gates59
Explorer
Explorer
I have the double over double in mine. The kids really like that. Almost a waist of space with the small bunk up top.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice floor plan. My father in law has a similar floor plan except the queen bed is east and west, I much prefer the north and south layout like yours. Very nice!

Do any of you have a double bed over double bed bunk orientation?

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH

~Walt Disney~

CountryKim
Explorer
Explorer
Do they look like this? 🙂

gates59
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 278bh and love it. It is my second one. Had a 2008 before. Love the fact that there are no slides.

tnscoutr
Explorer
Explorer
What are you talking about??? Our 27BH doesn't look anything like your 26BH!!! :C

06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS