Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco X20E TV shelf question

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

This week we are picking up our new X20E. The TV shelf is on top of the fridge. The back wall has no support behind it for a TV wall bracket, I checked. The arm we have now has a removable clamp on it which we used with the folding TV shelf in our current HTT. The arm has an option to remove the clamp and screw the bottom into something. The arm itself is a Monoprice arm that's pretty heavy duty but we only use it for a Visio 16" TV. I just don't want to put screws in the shelf if its not going to hold it.

So what I'm looking for is information on how much clearance there between the shelf and the top of the fridge, or how others are mounting their TV/monitor arms in Jayco trailers with the TV shelf above the fridge. Here's what it looks like, maybe that will help.

Thanks!
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)
8 REPLIES 8

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner. Thanks for all the replies! Lots of good ideas. Turned out I already had the solution and didn't realize it until we took delivery on the trailer and actually used it! My clamp on arm works perfectly fine and the way it fits on the end of the shelf, part of the shelf is still useable for a paper towel role or other small things. I just leave the arm clamped while traveling and the shelf is more than strong enough to hold it. We just pop the TV off the arm and stow it for traveling. See photos below.

mdcamping wrote:
I went with a simpler idea with mine X20e, bought a $120 flat screen with stand, fits perfect, no drilling and plenty good visibility from the seats in the trailer...I just store it while traveling.

Mike

Simple yes, but we already have the TV set we bought for the previous HTT and didn't want to buy another one. Its a cheap one with poor side viewing and the stand it came with isn't adjustable, hence the arm we bought for the previous HTT. As I said above, it ended up working out perfectly anyway.

Chuck D.
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I bought 15 inch wide screen
12vt/110 LED tv dvd combination for $250 POS view angles and store it in a suitcase when towing.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Jerry9n
Explorer
Explorer
When I got my flat screen to replace the CRT I over thought the mounting while traveling. It sits on a low cabinet. The TV has a non slip base, so I put some 3M locking strips on the top to the wall. I put a zip lock with bubble wrap between the back of the tv and the wall and latch in the two tabs. Hasn't moved an inch while traveling. Just unlock the two tabs and you can move the tv wherever you want.

(I originally used a foam block between the wall and tv--too messy).
Jerry9n
2009 23' Cikira Escape EXP
2006 Ford Expedition
Reese Pro Series SC
Tekonsha Primus IQ
HTT Mods

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Any way to access the back of that panel.....remove it to work on and then replace without damage?? You could add a 1x for stabilizing and a crosspiece or two, then replace it and mount the bracket. I feel pretty sure that the panel that's up there is not enough support. Good luck.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I also store the TV when travaling and just place it on the shelf when needed.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I went with a simpler idea with mine X20e, bought a $120 flat screen with stand, fits perfect, no drilling and plenty good visibility from the seats in the trailer...I just store it while traveling.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. That's a good idea. I'd like to use the arm I currently have, which makes me wonder how hard it would be to do what you did but above the fridge.
Chuck D.
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
My Jayco have the same refrigerator shelf for the TV. The difference on mine is where you have a microwave next to yours, I have a cabinet with the stereo.

Anyway. I mounted a swing arm mount through the side of the cabinet. Instead of just screwing it to the side of the cabinet, I drilled holes and used machine screws with nuts and washers inside the cabinet. To make sure it was strong enough, I added a 1/8 inch aluminum plate inside.

So if you went that direction, you would remove the microwave to gain access to the inside of that cabinet and mount the swing arm TV mount with bolts through that wall.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran