cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco X213

Square_Dance_Ca
Explorer
Explorer
So I've been researching so we can move up from our pop-up to a trailer. 3 of us normally, 4 sometimes. The floorplan of the Jayco X213 looks perfect for us, we also travel with at least 3 bikes, and I really like the idea of storing them inside. Haven't been able to see one in person yet, but wondering.............
There seems to be very little outside storage, just the little compartment under the wardrobe by the door. If I tilt up the bunk and put the bikes in (assuming they fit well, can someone comment on that?) then there's not a lot of space left for the "outside" things, like sewer hose and peripherals, water hose, electric, chocks, grilletc. Thinking about lawn chairs too.
So if anyone has one of these, can you fill me in on where you keep your various camping items?
thanks,
'07 Totoya Tundra Crew Cab
'04 Fleetwood Highlander Redwood
Me, DH, DS 23, DS 15
14 REPLIES 14

Square_Dance_Ca
Explorer
Explorer
For us, the extra 5' is a big deal. Needs to fit in the driveway, as well as tow through the small streets and crowded roads in our town and some places we like to camp.
My husband is worried about the cold, but I pointed out, anything is warmer than the pop-up. I had put reflectix under the mattresses, never felt cold from the bottom, only from the canvas sides.
Me, DH, DS 23, DS 15

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at that floorplan in the dealers showroom several times.

For 370 lbs more and only 5' longer, you can get what I have for thousands less, and have more room, more privacy, more storage, and more sleeping.

The slide out bed will get cold. It's essentially just like a pop up with the cold right underneath bunk. You may need a mattress heater. It's like sleeping on the floor.

The back storage is nice for bikes but you then give up needed permanent storage for everything else. Put the bikes in the back of the truck or get a bike rack for the tongue of the trailer.

I'm not a fan of the laminated wall, floor, and ceiling construction that comes with it. I did like it but when I figured what I'd lose going to it, and the high cost that model demands with the wall construction that likes to delaminate, I chose Jay Flight models instead.

If the 370 lbs or 5' extra is a big deal, then by all means consider it. At least it's a true wall and not canvas, but I think Jayco has better 'bargains' in their line ups.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

Mike_E_
Explorer II
Explorer II
A nice thing about the rear slide (we had an '08 KZ 289KS) is that when you're set up there is a covered area under the slide to keep your bikes....we had at least 5. I did miss that with our other trailers.

supermario27
Explorer
Explorer
We have had an x213 for the past 2 years and love it, we are a family of four with 2 boys 8 and 6. We always bring 4 bikes and load them into the front under the upper bunk... our longest trip away has been for 2 weeks and never had an issue with not enough storage. TV is Silverado 1500.
Thanks

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have any pictures of the trailer up close . It is still under the cover right now and I won't be removing the cover until late April.
If I do end up opening the cover to get something out of the trailer, I'll take a few pics.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Square_Dance_Ca
Explorer
Explorer
Any chance you'd have pictures of the storage inside the bike door? Especially that sewer hose compartment and where you keep the toolbox?
Me, DH, DS 23, DS 15

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2009 X213, Jayco went with the king bed in 2010.
We put 2 full size bikes in the lower bunk area and a third smaller bike would probably fit.
The sewer hose has its own compartment on the driver side in front of the bike door.We got a "starter kit" that came in a 5 gallon bucket. The water hoses get coiled up small enough to fit in the bucket.
The extra extension cords go on the floor around the bike tires.
Two big man lawn chairs ( not Bag chairs) fit in as well.
The storage area is somewhat deceiving as it goes toward the rear under the wardrobe. I keep the camp stove,tool box, stabilizer crank, an axe, and some other stuff in there.
It is usually just the two of us, unless one of our sons joins us for the weekend, then we just move the bikes out and drop the bottom bunk.
All the small stuff stays on the floor under the bunk.
There is some storage also under the dinette seats. Half of each side. Front side has water pump back side has water heater.
"SHE" likes the trailer due to more space to move around and the sofa.
I like the camper because I can put it into places the trailer isn't going to fit.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Square Dance Camper wrote:
Sound Guy, just looked up your KZ Spree, nice. I also saw the Spree Connect C231BHS. I might have to keep those two on my list for consideration also.

Our 2008 240BH Spree was the non-slide version, replaced in 2009 with the 240BHS slide model that is quite a bit heavier and 18" longer. However, if you have a vehicle suitable for towing this size of trailer you really couldn't go wrong at all with either the triple bunk bed Spree 240BHS or double bunk bed Spree Connect C231BHS. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would look around for all options and then make a decision. Personally, I'd want more storeage area unless you are going to use your truck bed for storage and organize it for easy access to all the stuff you need.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Square_Dance_Ca
Explorer
Explorer
Sound Guy, just looked up your KZ Spree, nice. I also saw the Spree Connect C231BHS. I might have to keep those two on my list for consideration also.
Me, DH, DS 23, DS 15

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
We have one in the family and you are right about the tiny outside storage on the curb side. The pack and play door plus flip up rear bed do make storage of large items like bikes very handy. The king bed is nice but the OEM mattress was very thin in 2012 and needed replacement to be comfortable. One other quirk is the door only opens 90 degrees as it interferes with the awning beyond that. Not a deal breaker, just something to be aware of. Otherwise a really nice compact layout that has worked well for many seasons.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't mind having the walk around bed, but the bunks are really needed at this point for my two sons.

Ergo the reason most go to a longer trailer with bunk beds, in our case a KZ Spree 240BH. There are shorter alternatives though if you're willing to make a few concessions, such as a walk around queen bed ... the Coachmen Apex Nano 193BHS being one such example.

Square_Dance_Ca
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't mind having the walk around bed, but the bunks are really needed at this point for my two sons.
Me, DH, DS 23, DS 15

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
There seems to be very little outside storage, just the little compartment under the wardrobe by the door. If I tilt up the bunk and put the bikes in (assuming they fit well, can someone comment on that?) then there's not a lot of space left for the "outside" things, like sewer hose and peripherals, water hose, electric, chocks, grilletc. Thinking about lawn chairs too.

Correct, very little cargo storage ... one of the major drawbacks of any rear glide travel trailer and the reason we ourselves chose to stick with a conventional travel trailer with a queen island bed at the front and copious pass through compartment storage space.