cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jeep Liberty Towing??

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine has a 2012 Jeep Liberty with a 5,000 LB Tow Capacity, (He doesn't have the factory tow package, but has installed a Class 3 Hitch) and is considering a Rockwood 1905 Mini lite.

Rockwood 1905 Mini lite Specs:
Dry Hitch Weight: 394 lbs.
Unloaded Vehicle Weight: 2,945 lbs.
GVWR: 3,894 lbs.
Exterior Length: 20'-4"
Exterior Height: 8'-9"
Exterior Width: 90"

The second option he is considering is a Jayco 1206 Pop up which has a GVWR of 3,450, and is 18'-8" in length.

Do any of you guys tow something similar, and how's it working?

Thank you
Best Regards,....marc & joan
5 REPLIES 5

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I tow an Ascend A171RD with my Highlander which is rated for 5,000 lbs. and the ascend is very similar to the rockwood. my limited towing so far is adequate. If I buy a new TV it probably will be a Tacoma with a little better rating. go for the rockwood IMHO.
bumpy

Hammerhead
Explorer
Explorer
Many Jeeps had different axle ratios along with a transmission cooler as part of the factory tow package so it's actual towing capacity may be around 3,500 lbs. I learned that the hard way back in 2002. ๐Ÿ™‚

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can go to the original post and hit the edit button. Wipe out all the text and insert an embarrased face. That should get the information wiped.

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Hey marc,
Snce duplicate posts are against forum rules, you might want to delete one of them.

I Don't know how to delete posts, so I notified the moderator and asked hime to delete the other post, as I thought it should be in tow vehicles. Sorry for the confusion; we are now thinking the mini lite may be too much trailer for the Liberty, so he is now looking at the Jayco 1206.
Best Regards,....marc & joan

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey marc,
Snce duplicate posts are against forum rules, you might want to delete one of them.