cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Huskerdude
Explorer
Explorer
To all our fellow Premier owners : Have a blessed Christmas and a happy camping New Year :B !!!!!
:B Huskerdude, Mrs. Huskerdude 2017 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST310RL, 2005 F150 XLT Crewcab, 5.4 liter, tow package

31_tundra
Explorer
Explorer
Me and the DW started talking about the 31BHPR. 2 questions that I have right now without really looking at one is, Do the 14" tires create any issues while towing. Are the 20# propane tanks big enough for that size TT.
2005 Ford E-350 V-10
2020 Rockwood Signature 8332SB

VirtualGarage
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that when we first walked into the Premier, the lighting inside seemed to be more subdued, "warmer" than with our old Tango. I think that the light fixtures put out a much more yellow light than the white light we were used to and I was worried about the lights not being bright enough at night.

Having lived with it now and using it in late October/November, I found that it's not a problem at all, but we do have to turn on each of the lights for all the areas instead of just one light for the whole room.

prov431 wrote:
Hey btw, I notice your signature picture...does your TT really sit that high in the front when towing or is it jacked up? You may need a drop hitch if it's towing that nose high. I wonder if this is partly due to the smaller 14" tires?

I've got a ProPride hitch so unfortunately I can't just go out and buy lower drop hitch. I haven't contacted them yet to ask if there was any way to adjust it lower than the lowest setting where it's at right now. In the picture, it's more nose-high than it currently is, but it's still nose-high. It took me a little while to get the setup tuned correctly, but it towed great for our entire 5000 mile trip. I think if the tires were bigger it would probably even it out a bit more.

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Our model has the big back window with lots of light. The tint only helps keeps it more private inside while you can clearly see out. Most all these rvs have about the same floorplan from one company to another. Windows make the difference. The black clean out is standard on premier. We had to go with lightweight and I wanted somewhat local. There are always choices and chances on any rv you get. Go into any purchase with open eyes. I am aware that there are better made but we are very satisfied with ours. See my earlier remarks after our first trip.
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Huskerdude
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with CampinEarls!! Our Premier has the huge back window,(which was a selling point), so we have no problem with it being dark in the camper.
:B Huskerdude, Mrs. Huskerdude 2017 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST310RL, 2005 F150 XLT Crewcab, 5.4 liter, tow package

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are tinted pretty dark, I don't notice it being really dark inside.
If I want light in I open the shades and door. I guess it doesn't have as many windows as some do but it wouldn't make me not buy it....obviously.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

husk
Explorer
Explorer
Does the Premier have tinted windows? If so..is that the reason for the feeling of "darkness"?

I ask because I am interested in that option on another product. Thanks.

65ShelbyCobra
Explorer
Explorer
mcpre wrote:
Some folks down camp from us just bought a brand new one, it is real nice my only thing, which everyone that looked in it conceded was it was really dark inside, I dont know if it was the dark brown interior or lack of natural light through windows but we all thought the same thing.

Helps me sleep in better ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 Premier Bullet 31BHPR (Sold)
2015 Keystone 325 SRX
2008 Ford F-250 6.4L PowerStroke FX4

mcpre
Explorer
Explorer
Some folks down camp from us just bought a brand new one, it is real nice my only thing, which everyone that looked in it conceded was it was really dark inside, I dont know if it was the dark brown interior or lack of natural light through windows but we all thought the same thing.
Mark and Carmela
Rosie
2011 Jayco 33rlds on river

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
prov431 wrote:
VirtualGarage wrote:
Ditto on the black tank flush and stainless steel appliances--got them both. I think the Premier is aimed at the light-weight market for families who can't or don't want to tow a fifth-wheel. All seven of us would not fit in a pickup truck. People who don't have young kids or are looking for more "luxury" will probably fulfill their needs/wants elsewhere.

There are all sorts of the different RVs out there and one particular RV is either right for you, or it's not. If it's not, there are plenty of other ones to choose from. That's one of the things that makes RVing great.

I asked the dealer about the black tank flush and he said it was their mistake that they didn't option it correctly.
I certainly agree with your statement though...I'm actually in your same situation...kids and wanting more TT room without massive tow weight, which is why we looked at the B-P. I really think for us it's going to be the Outback 312BH...but the Bullet is still in the mix.
Hey btw, I notice your signature picture...does your TT really sit that high in the front when towing or is it jacked up? You may need a drop hitch if it's towing that nose high. I wonder if this is partly due to the smaller 14" tires?

Weird, I thought they all had the black tank flush, mine wasn't labeled, so the dealer called the company to find out for sure that's what it was.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

prov431
Explorer
Explorer
VirtualGarage wrote:
Ditto on the black tank flush and stainless steel appliances--got them both. I think the Premier is aimed at the light-weight market for families who can't or don't want to tow a fifth-wheel. All seven of us would not fit in a pickup truck. People who don't have young kids or are looking for more "luxury" will probably fulfill their needs/wants elsewhere.

There are all sorts of the different RVs out there and one particular RV is either right for you, or it's not. If it's not, there are plenty of other ones to choose from. That's one of the things that makes RVing great.

I asked the dealer about the black tank flush and he said it was their mistake that they didn't option it correctly.
I certainly agree with your statement though...I'm actually in your same situation...kids and wanting more TT room without massive tow weight, which is why we looked at the B-P. I really think for us it's going to be the Outback 312BH...but the Bullet is still in the mix.
Dan
N. Carolina
2012 Forest River V-Cross Platinum 32VBHS 36' UL 7,500#
Husky Centerline WDH
Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control
Rear View Wired Camera
TRD Supercharged 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax (505 hp,550 torque :B)
2wd 5.7, 4.30 gear (10,400 tow cap.)

VirtualGarage
Explorer
Explorer

Huskerdude
Explorer
Explorer
So does mine !! To all our Bullet Premier pals,from our house to your house, have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving :B!!!

65ShelbyCobra
Explorer
Explorer
prov431 wrote:
Some of the things I noted were no option for couch in bunk house, cheaper quality furniture (bunks, entertainment center, nightstands), 14" tires, this TT had no black tank flush?.

Mine has a black tank flush....
2011 Premier Bullet 31BHPR (Sold)
2015 Keystone 325 SRX
2008 Ford F-250 6.4L PowerStroke FX4

cdevill
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2011 Keystone Springdale 296BHSSR, I'm very happy with Keystone so far.
Chris, Beth Ann, Andrew and Lydia
2011 Keystone Springdale 296BHSSR
03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad 4x4, 4.7L