cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
I like that window! I've always hated the glass in the ones on there now, I would love ot be able to see out of it and the fact that it opens is even better! I don't like the price though:-(

I agree, I wish it were less, but I think it would make a difference and I would forget about the price in the end. If I do go ahead and do it I will post a photo or two.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I like that window! I've always hated the glass in the ones on there now, I would love ot be able to see out of it and the fact that it opens is even better! I don't like the price though:-(
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
We still have our great camper and looking forward to getting over these winter months and using it! Anything new on the market to add to our premiers this season? I love the message above about the wireless led lights in the pantry area.

Hello! I am thinking of replacing my rear door window with this for more visibility

Clear door window

With few windows on the campsite side I would appreciate this extra window instead of the frosted one there now.
Greg and J

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Or you can tee into your blue drain line I just saw in the pic and you will suck water from the bottom corner where the drain is....
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
While we were camping I started to notice that our fresh water tank would stay on 'full' for a long time, then drop from full to 2/3 to 1/2 very quickly. Then we started to run out of water right about when the monitor showed 1/3. It's tough to run out of water when you think you still have 10 gallons left. Anyway, I went under the trailer, removed a few of the screws holding up the underbelly and saw this. It looks like the 1/3 sensor is LEVEL with the hose that goes to the pump. It also looks like the Empty sensors is BELOW that hose. So even though I SHOW 1/3 tank, I can't empty it because the hose is a few inches from the bottom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I have the dealer reinstall the sensors, or is my tank bad?

I have an easy fix that I did on my last 2 trailers with the same water intake. 1- take hose off barbed fitting 2-unscrew barbed fitting. 3-buy about 2 ft of 1/2 clear hose and glue it to the inside of barbed fitting(it will fit inside) 4-punch a bunch of holes in the hose at other end(end that will lay on bottom of center of tank) 5-find a brass or stainless screw or bolt that will screw into same end to hold hose down on tank floor,not allow hose to float. ....finally reassembly and you WILL get all water from tank. Also add screen filter to inlet of pump.....done.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
We still have our great camper and looking forward to getting over these winter months and using it! Anything new on the market to add to our premiers this season? I love the message above about the wireless led lights in the pantry area.
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
While we were camping I started to notice that our fresh water tank would stay on 'full' for a long time, then drop from full to 2/3 to 1/2 very quickly. Then we started to run out of water right about when the monitor showed 1/3. It's tough to run out of water when you think you still have 10 gallons left. Anyway, I went under the trailer, removed a few of the screws holding up the underbelly and saw this. It looks like the 1/3 sensor is LEVEL with the hose that goes to the pump. It also looks like the Empty sensors is BELOW that hose. So even though I SHOW 1/3 tank, I can't empty it because the hose is a few inches from the bottom. Anyone else have this problem? Should I have the dealer reinstall the sensors, or is my tank bad?

Greg_Wjs
Explorer
Explorer
$350 for a 3500 lb axle, $500 for a 5000lb axle, including labor. That is in Dallas from a trailer shop, not an RV shop.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't have mine replaced, it was out of warranty, I got it realigned and has been good so far. I don't think mine bent after I purchased it though, I think it wasn't aligned from the start.
I think I paid $175 for the alignment.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
For those with bent axles, have you had them replaced under warranty? Or did you have to fork out the money? Anyone try to get them replaced after the warranty was up? I have had mine for over 2 years, and I just noticed this year that the rear axle is bent, but the front is not. Now the rear tires are cambered in noticeably. If we have to pay ourselves, can you share approx. what it costs to have them replaced?

Thanks,
Jason
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

VirtualGarage
Explorer
Explorer
We had no problems maintaining speed going over the Rockies with our Yukon Denali. In fact, the only problem was when we were stuck behind slower RVs! Engine braking in Tow/Haul mode meant I didn't need to ride the brakes at all coming down.

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
BillB800si wrote:
Friend of mine pulls a 2011 303RKS Lacrosse trailer with his Ford 150 with eco-boost. He doesn't go through the mountains AT ALL!!
He drove through the mountains in Virginia and white knuckled it all the way. Engine was screaming going up hill and he was on the brakes down hill.
He now travels through the Midwest and to Florida each winter.

Be careful..

Ok, I think per the specs that the Lacrosse is a good extra 1k# versus the 31BHPR, maybe that doesn't help.

Morrow

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
Earlier I posted about my tub being cracked and leaking in the front corner, after sealing that all up I kept looking under the tub to make sure there were no more leaks. I kept seeing a little water leak down under there in two places, one in the front of the tub and one on the right side (if you are standing in the tub) It took me a while to figure it out but water was leaking in behind those plastic rivet looking things on the surround that hold it against the walls, I couldn't figure out how to remove them without breaking them so I lifted the edge of the rivet with a screwdriver and pressed silicone behind them. That finally stopped all the small puddles of water forming under the tub while using the shower.

I think it is worth it to pull that plastic cover off so you can see under the tub to look around after a shower to make sure you don't have any leaks collecting under there. I probably would have never noticed the small rivet leaks, untill they rotted out the wall, if it weren't for the big leak in the corner of mine.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out.
Greg and J

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
CampinEarls wrote:
Would you mind sharing the item number for those LED lights?

The Amazon # is B009DRKQ1Y

Thank you!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier I posted about my tub being cracked and leaking in the front corner, after sealing that all up I kept looking under the tub to make sure there were no more leaks. I kept seeing a little water leak down under there in two places, one in the front of the tub and one on the right side (if you are standing in the tub) It took me a while to figure it out but water was leaking in behind those plastic rivet looking things on the surround that hold it against the walls, I couldn't figure out how to remove them without breaking them so I lifted the edge of the rivet with a screwdriver and pressed silicone behind them. That finally stopped all the small puddles of water forming under the tub while using the shower.

I think it is worth it to pull that plastic cover off so you can see under the tub to look around after a shower to make sure you don't have any leaks collecting under there. I probably would have never noticed the small rivet leaks, untill they rotted out the wall, if it weren't for the big leak in the corner of mine.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab