cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

dsmechanic
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a 2015 19FBPR been out with it 2 times and it's great. no issues, easy to tow. Use to have a 2007 surveyor 192t hybrid it was good but a lot of work to get set up, i like to go un hook set the jacks and i'm done.

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 32' Premier. 5 of our windows leaked before we ever used it. Camper was still under warranty. Dealer had to replace all 5 windows. Our windows are the frameless style.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
We have three windows leaking. Anyone with this issue yet? Did you replace seal or have to do the entire window? Water drips from the bottom down the wall, very little but a few weeks of rain and left alone the damage could build up. Suggestions?

PS. I still love our trailer, very little issues, guess we're fortunate.

Thats disappointing. My windows are still water tight. I would put some clear sealant between the fixed piece of glass and the camper wall to see if that stops it. There is a slight gap all the way around that would hold this sealant nicely. If it is leaking from the seal between the fixed piece of glass and the piece that tilts open I am not sure what to suggest.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
We have three windows leaking. Anyone with this issue yet? Did you replace seal or have to do the entire window? Water drips from the bottom down the wall, very little but a few weeks of rain and left alone the damage could build up. Suggestions?

PS. I still love our trailer, very little issues, guess we're fortunate.
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what the original question was? BTW/According to the experts (Oprah) TTs should ride front end lower than rear by 1-3 inches depending on length. Most people level them.Thereโ€™s no harm in having the hitch adjusted a bit low, other than for possible ground-clearance problems on speed bumps and the like. In fact, a slightly low hitch may help your towing stability. If the hitch is high, so the trailer seems to be dragging its tail, that can lead to increased sway. - See more at: http://www.trailerlife.com/trailer-how-to/trailer-tech/hitch-leveling/#sthash.rSQYBIYI.dpuf

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
jasoncw wrote:
Nice job Greg! What type of wood did you use?

Thanks! I actually found a prefinished oak veneer 3'x8' panel at Ikea. It was normally 125.00 and it was in the scratch and dent section for 29.00. There was only a minor scratch on one end that was cut off anyway. I also have enough left over to make another table. The color matches really well. Almost exactly the same. I also put 5 coats of butchers wax to help protect it. If it doesn't hold up I will purchase a table top somewhere. I figured for 29.00 I'd give it a try.
Greg and J

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job Greg! What type of wood did you use?
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. You're very handy. Very nice. We also have a premier. But ours is a booth.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
This month has made 3 years of owning my Premier. Unlike most people, I never liked the cramped U-dinette and preferred the booth style. I removed the scented section and made a new table. It was fairly quick and relatively easy. Now instead of 4 people at a half sized table, 4 people can fit at a bigger table.

Before:

After:

Greg and J

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
I have a 31bhpr, and it really squats the rear end of my 2005 Excursion. It drops the ball 3 3/4" inches when the trailer is attached (without my equalizer brand distribution hitch attached). Even with the distribution hitch attached I have quite the squat in the rear.

Just yesterday I swapped out the stock Excursion springs for those that were on a F350 (c-code, 3000lb each). I STILL get a 3 3/4" drop when I attach the trailer. Now the F350 springs gave me an 2 1/4" increase to start, but it still drops a lot. I haven't hooked it up with the equalizer hitch yet so I am hopeful that some change will have come from the spring swap.

Is anyone else seeing this with their trailer? I don't even have the water tank 1/2 full right now. Thanks for any info.

That sounds completely normal to me, I would think it would come back up a couple inches after you attach WD bars. I don't think you needed to swap the springs, I would have seen what it looks like after you get the WD all set up and dialed in first.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

cheford280
Explorer
Explorer
coobrey wrote:
Is anyone else seeing this with their trailer? I don't even have the water tank 1/2 full right now. Thanks for any info.

I wouldn't expect that much sag in a 1 ton spring pack. For reference it probably sags my tundra about 2.5" before the weight distribution and no air in the bags. I usually run about 8lbs in the bags (psi is before hitching). With that minimal amount of air in the bags and a reese dual cam setup with 1200lb bars there is no visible squat and it rides great.

One thought, is your trailer riding level or is it nose down? I think the more nose down the trailer is the more tongue weith there will be. Not saying you should ride nose high, just a thought. Also, if you dont have the angle of the ball set right you will not get much out of the WDH.

I am by no means an expert but since I have the same trailer I figured I would chime in.

Best regards,
Jesse

Mr__C
Explorer
Explorer
'Dometic 300 series rv toilet', and it creaks horribly every time you put any weight on it or shift your weight while sitting on it. Embarrassing!

I've noticed this. I was hoping there was a upgraded seat available.
2020 Keystone Cougar 26RBS "Pressure Relief 4"
2017 Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4

MM2 USN 1970-75
USS Canisteo AO-99
USS Miller DE-1091

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Knowledge is good". Emil Faber

ozkamper
Explorer
Explorer
We recently bought a Bullet Premier 22RBPR and I can honestly say that it shows the results of the poorest quality control of any trailer we've owned, and we've owned many trailers in 24 years of rving. You might say we're kinda fickle when it comes to rvs.
Maybe we got one of the Monday or Friday trailers that you're supposed to stay away from.
Overall it looked great (it is the 'Premier' after all), but when I got the thing home and started putting our stuff in it, I started finding so much poorly executed work that, I was very saddened to have bought this trailer without doing the due diligence that I would normally do. In my defense, that was due to the relief I felt at being able to trade in the previous 2013/2014 Bullet that we had owned about two weeks, having been spooked when the large slide started coming in and out in a crooked or skewed condition, that when the dealer "agreed", after extracting a hefty premium from us for the privilege, to trade for this brand new Premier on their lot, I didn't look it over thoroughly and actually ignored some bad omens I did notice before taking delivery.
I will list some of the atrocious conditions I found:

1) the stainless double bowl sink has a crack in the steel.
2) The sliding storage drawer guides under the u-shaped dinette were not attached to the surrounding cabinetry or to the floor at their far end, so that when you pulled the drawers out, the entire assembly would rise up and just kinda float in the air. On both drawers! Additionally, the drawer guides are very long and were not supported anywhere along their length, consequently, when you pulled the drawer out about halfway, the guide would widen and "derail" the drawer from the guide. I wanted to cry at seeing this (it was late by then and I needed sleep).
3) The crank-out knob on the kitchen window, had the rivets that should have been securing it to the window frame, missing. Missing! The knob was just attached to the window operating arms and not anchored to the frame in any way.
3)Two shelves, one in the bathroom, the other under the kitchen sink were so badly unsupported that they failed on our first outing.Nothing inordinately heavy stored on them, by the way.
4)This trailer has the noisiest toilet, by far, of any toilet I've ever experienced. It is plastic, made by Dometic (shame on you Dometic), 'Dometic 300 series rv toilet', and it creaks horribly every time you put any weight on it or shift your weight while sitting on it. Embarrassing!
5)The worst problem, to me anyway, is the excessive rust and corrosion on everything on the under-carriage. This unit was built in Indiana, in January 2014 and delivered in February to my dealer in Kansas, going over, it's apparent to me, snow covered and salted roads and was not washed off upon delivery to the dealer. That, together with the practice of many builders of just leaving the frames out in the weather to rust, before they are put under our trailers, resulted in a 6 month old trailer looking, on the underside, like a trailer several years in age. Even the screws holding the underbelly covering in place, are badly corroded. I know this is a common problem among many manufacturers, but remember, as I said before, "we've owned many trailers", so I've experienced many instances of reasonably expected rust. Oh, and my dealer assures me that Keystone will NOT do anything about this last item: "it's a normal condition" according to dealer.

Them's the highlights folks, there's more to this saga, but I don't want to cause too much ennui.
To some up: if this company has any quality control, it is not evident on our trailer. So, buy with your eyes wide open, and for god's sake, do a thorough inspection beforehand.
2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 HEMI
2011 Jayco JayFlight Swift 198RD

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 31bhpr, and it really squats the rear end of my 2005 Excursion. It drops the ball 3 3/4" inches when the trailer is attached (without my equalizer brand distribution hitch attached). Even with the distribution hitch attached I have quite the squat in the rear.

Just yesterday I swapped out the stock Excursion springs for those that were on a F350 (c-code, 3000lb each). I STILL get a 3 3/4" drop when I attach the trailer. Now the F350 springs gave me an 2 1/4" increase to start, but it still drops a lot. I haven't hooked it up with the equalizer hitch yet so I am hopeful that some change will have come from the spring swap.

cheford280
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone

Picking up a 2014 31bhpr tomorrow. No one (not even Keystone) could tell me what size the queen bed is. Does anyone have a 2014 and remember off the top of their head if it is a normal 60x80 of a short queen?

Thanks for the help
Jesse

Edit: Picked it up and it has the short queen in case anyone else needs to know. Towed amazingly well with my Tundra and Reese Dual Cam.