cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what I need to do to get the sound to come out of the main television speakers? There is a setting on the tv to turn on tv speakers, and that setting is on, but the sound still only comes from the 2 ceiling mounted speakers. Those speakers are a bit too loud (kids can hear from the back room), and we sit on the couch which is closer to the tv than the ceiling speakers anyway. Thanks.

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to our camper a few times this season. Iowa had a particularly long cold winter. One of the worst in the states history. Many people saw damage to their campers due to the wind and cold. Our camper has been in perfect condition until this year. It's at a seasonal site and has only been moved once. Moved 20' from one site to the next one with a deck! So this isn't road damage. The wind and cold I believe contributed to both fenders becoming brittle and crack in a few lines down from screw areas.

Has anyone replaced their fenders? Has anyone replaced the support bars behind the fenders? I remember this being discussed previously. These fenders are incredibly flimsy. So any recommendations on who to contact and approximate cost? We'd prefer to do this ourselves so we don't have to haul it. I think it's simple screws used.

Thanks, happy camping!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some images of the stabilizer setup that my father and I made for our 31bhpr trailer. Being in Alaska, shipping is very expensive for the JT Strongarm, etc. so we decided to make our own. We used 1/2" interior black pipe and solid rod that fit inside of the pipe. He welded angle iron onto the ends of the pipe and rod to attach to the angle iron that He welded to the jack feet. We then attached angle iron to the frame and attached the pipe there and the rod to the jack feet. We used 9/16" bolts to attach to the feet, frame and into the black pipe to tighten down on the solid rod. In total it was about $100 in parts.

It is UNBELIEVABLY stable now! I can't believe how much this helps with the rocking of the trailer.

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
We took our tt on the first camping trip of the season after de-winterizing earlier last week. Everything works great until it was time to go. I hooked up to the black water tank cleaner, turned on the water and my wife was soon yelling to stop. There was water pouring out from under the bathroom sink, in fact it was a reservoir of water in the bottom. We moped it up and then I had her turn on the water. The black valve in the picture is the culprit as it spewed water like a fountain.
Has anybody had this problem? Do I simply replace the valve or is the cleaning jet clogged in the holding tank?
Thanks, Kevin

The clickable link is a picture of the valve under sink

I had the same thing happen to me after the first year. It's the vacuum breaker check valve (so nothing comes back out through that line). I am guessing that ours froze as I did not run any antifreeze through this line when winterizing the unit. I was surprised though as it is located very high in the line and I thought that water would just drain out. Anyway, the local dealer replaced it for me, though it did take a while to get the new part.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
Nice! Was the glass you ordered cut to fit? I didn't even think to just replace the glass in the existing frame.

Yes, I measured the piece from the other window ( they are pretty standard) and the dimensions are 21.5 x 12.5 and 1/8 thick. I got tempered, gray tinted glass. It sounded strange ordering gray tint but I guess that is what the tint is called and it matched the other windows. I got it from a local glass shop and took about a week to get after I placed the order. Very simple to change out.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Was the glass you ordered cut to fit? I didn't even think to just replace the glass in the existing frame.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:
CampinEarls wrote:
I like that window! I've always hated the glass in the ones on there now, I would love ot be able to see out of it and the fact that it opens is even better! I don't like the price though:-(

I agree, I wish it were less, but I think it would make a difference and I would forget about the price in the end. If I do go ahead and do it I will post a photo or two.

I went ahead and installed the window. I am very pleased. After doing this I had the confidence to order a piece of tinted tempered glass and did my other door for only 45.00

Greg and J

DukeAJuke
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up a Keystone 280LHS bunkhouse last week and my initial impressions are good (very satisfied with the initial quality). I believe the one you are looking at is a higher end mine.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
We took our tt on the first camping trip of the season after de-winterizing earlier last week. Everything works great until it was time to go. I hooked up to the black water tank cleaner, turned on the water and my wife was soon yelling to stop. There was water pouring out from under the bathroom sink, in fact it was a reservoir of water in the bottom. We moped it up and then I had her turn on the water. The black valve in the picture is the culprit as it spewed water like a fountain.
Has anybody had this problem? Do I simply replace the valve or is the cleaning jet clogged in the holding tank?
Thanks, Kevin

I couldn't see the picture. But, just curious, did you blow out the black tank flush when you winterized last fall? Again I can't see the photo so I am just guessing.
Greg and J

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Kevin

"Onward thru the fog!"

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Rico.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
jasoncw wrote:
For those with bent axles, have you had them replaced under warranty? Or did you have to fork out the money? Anyone try to get them replaced after the warranty was up? I have had mine for over 2 years, and I just noticed this year that the rear axle is bent, but the front is not. Now the rear tires are cambered in noticeably. If we have to pay ourselves, can you share approx. what it costs to have them replaced?

Thanks,
Jason

RE Axle Problems. I have a 2012 Premier 29RTPR. I bought it in December of 2012. I looked up the mfg. date, it was March, 2012. I recently found excessive inside tire wear on the back axle. Took it into Lazy Days, Tampa FL and they confirmed bent axle. Keystone would do nothing as I was 8 weeks past the 1 year warranty. My service rep contacted Dexter and after sending some pictures and confirming information Dexter agreed to replace the axle, but said labor cost and tire replacement would be my responsibility. It took 2 weeks for the parts to arrive. They sent the whole suspension system. 2 new, heavier axles, springs, hubs, brakes etc. I had purchased an extended warranty and they picked up the entire labor cost for me. I have 5,500 towing miles on the trailer. I think the labor charge was around $500.
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
VirtualGarage wrote:
I like the window, especially with the privacy glass and the ability to open it for venting. Is there a bug screen for the window?

It doesn't look like it. I am guessing it's not an issue since the screen door is between the window and the interior of the trailer.
Greg and J

VirtualGarage
Explorer
Explorer
I like the window, especially with the privacy glass and the ability to open it for venting. Is there a bug screen for the window?