cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance TC Electrical Systems?

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, I have a used Squire 3000 I just picked up and my last rig was a 4000. I am a little puzzled about the house battery system.
This rig came with solar for the house batt but when I plug in a small common household fan, the shore power has to be active or it gets no power. Am I missing a switch someplace to activate everything? The house lights work fine but seems not the receptacles..

I do have another panel, charge controller and inverter that I used with my last rig but yet to install them.

I am planning to build up as large a system as batts I can carry.
I am beginning with 2 AGM batts (not yest installed) and have about 150 watts of panels in total.
Where ever I go, there I am!
3 REPLIES 3

DesertMax
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for clearing that up..
I have thought in the past about using one set of panels for house and another larger array for my dedicated inverter system. Many folks on this forum have maintained that there is never a need for two separate systems but I disagree.
While I do have a good AGM batt for the house system, I want to build up a massive system for the inverter side to do what I want to do while boondocking. Is this so unusual?
I was told that you can power anything you want as long as you have enough batteries and of course the ability to keep them charged. For my TC I am relegated to what batts I can carry safely but I'm thinking of adding another 3 AGM's for a 36 volt system plus the house 12V standard rig.
Where ever I go, there I am!

pbrooks101
Explorer
Explorer
The solar that the rig came with is to simply charge the house or coach battery, I presume. The battery puts out 12 vols DC. The house lights are 12 volts DC and run from the battery, through a fused 12 volt circuit in your power distribution panel. The "receptacles" are 120 volt AC and DO NOT run off of the house 12 volt battery. Not sure what the set up was in your previous TC was but if you want to get 120 vols AC from your 12 volt DC system, you will need to hook up an inverter and "feed" the TC's 120 volt system from the inverter through some type of automatic or manual transfer switch. Unless you are going with a big wattage inverter and a large enough battery bank, you won't be able to power anything big like the air conditioner, etc.

Plugging a fan, or anything for that matter, into the coach receptacles while not plugged in to shore power or running an on-board generator (again, through a manual or automatic transfer switch) will not power anything.
2011 Ford F350 Superduty DRW SD
2011 Lance 1191 (picture below shows 2004 1161-will update soon!)
2010 HD Street Glide
2005 Pace-American MC trailer
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Plugging in fan to AC 110 receptacles? Yes it would need shore or generator (or inverter). Solar doesnt supply AC only DC
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com