cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Guy Cirrus

Grodyman
Explorer
Explorer
Just read that Little Guy is introducing a new truck camper called the Cirrus. Seamless aluminum roof is intriguing. More manufacturers should get into the game.

Gman
2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML
39 REPLIES 39

Camp_woof
Explorer
Explorer
I love this camper, didn't notice the quality issues around the bunk.(or elsewhere, oops!)

Camper has a wet bath that looks much better (different strokes of course!) than most dry baths. Color in a wet bath, nice start! Let's hear it for what feels like high quality solid metal shower controls with height adjustable head. vs ... plastic in most other TC.

Interior design is subjective of course, but even if this isn't your cup of tea, at least it is a purposeful design.

One example, most campers give you a bunch of paper/wallboard to look at in front of the bed. Here, there is a lot of design, of course you have to like the design! Little things like reading lights and charge ports are integrated into the overall look.

Even the hallway flooring offers a nice color balance with the mostly two-tone cabinetry colors.

Light fixtures are much nicer than the dollar store pop lights that most TC's use.

In other TC I've looked at, start poking around inside cabinets and I can see laminate or tape peeling off where saw cuts were made. The laminate material here seems to be tough as nails and part of the under-laying material. Zero chewed up edges.

The interior felt very solid. Can't even remember for sure (age), but press on any interior surface and it's solid, not 1/8" board with no backing.
Dave

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I see they have a $1000 rebate on these right now.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad someone else posted about finding these TCs not to be all that great. We have a dealer here in the Huntsville, AL area with a couple of these on their lots, so my wife and I checked them out. We were really put off by the seemingly poor quality of the interior. While the water heating feature might be nice, we did not like any other aspect of these TCs. They appeared to be cheaply made and not made to last, especially for the high price tag.

The same dealership has Lance TCs and some others. The Lance's are also high priced items, but at least they appear to be better built.
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looked at one a a while back. We were immediately put off by the worksmanship inside.
We flipped down the jointed bunk to see that ceiling and wall had a huge gap, stuff oozing out. The pin to hold the bunk up was flimsy in the wall. The model and concept looked promising, but we walked out as soon as we saw that. Didn't even inspect anything else. Hmmm
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

theatremusician
Explorer
Explorer
I like this a lot. So much nicer than the dated, repeated styles that most companies continue to shovel out. The RV may have been invented here in the USA, but the Europeans seem to be doing it far better and smarter now.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
billtex wrote:
Clicky...

It's fugly...but new ideas are always welcome. Look forward to more details.
It's great to see more players in the game.
Maybe we'll get back to the number of Mfg's we had pre-recession.

Bill

Just looks European ;).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Bedlam
In July, there is a truck camper rally in MN. This is not too far away from you and might be a good time to see many different models and talk to their owners.

https://midwesttruckcampers.wordpress.com/2016-mwtc-rally/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mark10
Explorer
Explorer
have done some shopping and thus far, this is the one my wife likes over any other.

then again we are new to TC so what do we know.

plan on purchasing one in the next number of years as I get closer to retirement.

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
The heating system is also a big plus in my book. Not just for the quiet, but is uses way less battery reserve . Many times ,off grid on the beach , I don't use the heat at night because of the elec draw. But the lack of a second propane tank at present is a disappointment. The euro style isn't a plus for me , but I'de be OK with it. If anything ,the holding tank sizes are an issue. Workable but tight.

sky_free
Explorer
Explorer
I like the idea of a silent heating system. They also mention a heat-exchanger option that uses coolant from the truck to provide heat to the TC while under way. These are great ideas that do move things in the right direction -- as long as they work in the real world.

On the negative side, plastic windows are always a bad idea IMHO, even if they are functionally better than glass sliders. And I see that they are using Jensen for the TV with a DVD(!) player. That is a fail and matches what every RV manufacturer is doing. I don't really like "Euro" design, but that's just me and I know a lot of people do like it. It reminds me of being on an airplane.

If I was shopping for a small non-slide camper I would definitely be looking at this because of the heating system and fairly generous holding tank sizes for something of that size.
2017 Escape 17B, 2012 VW Touareg

Bedlam
I like some of the Euro sourced parts but the small size and capacities is not what we want. If they ever start building multi-slide units with 50+ gallon tanks including the features they have on this little TC, it would definitely be something we would look at when deciding our next purchase.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
While I think this new TC is good, I do not understand the big deal with the all aluminum framing or seamless Al roof. Our Livinlite has both of those.

I would like the larger battery compartment, our TC holds only one.

And this unit weighs more than our model 10.0 Livinlite. Perhaps it is due to this having a basement area.

I hope you can cut off the hot water flow to the floor heating. I would not want that operating during the summer months (the articles says that the same system provides the units hot water).
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I like it. If I were buying or replacing it would bre on my short list. Pluses; the heat system looks to be superior to my currant setup. Much less electric use and quiet. Looks warmer too. More space in the wet bath. Roof looks better and more reliable. Cabinetry and storage look good. AC will work with a Honda 2000. Less prone to water damage, with the azdel .
I wouldn't want the front window. I would want solar prewire and 2 propane tanks. Any exterior storage?
Tank capacities are ok, not great. Weight comparable to what I have now. LED is nice. Colors are , well , ahhh, well........colorful.
Overall it would work for me. Maybe in a year or to features will be added that will improve it. But it does look to be a quality offering.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I like it a lot, not sure why all the grumpiness. The heating system is sure different. Not sure how long the dinette bed can be though being on the same side as the bathroom.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB