cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing the camper for the fall

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
My daughter will be a sophomore in college this fall, and here school is reducing the number of kids in the dorms, so my daughter has lost her room for fall. So looks like we are going to take the camper to a campground close to her school for the fall semester.
She’s excited as she loves the camper, but I’m a little bummed we won’t be camping.

It’s probably the best option, she will not be as exposed as if she was in a dorm, and it’s better than getting stuck in a 12 month apartment lease is schools have to shut down again.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up
23 REPLIES 23

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Is the campground anywhere close to home? Operating an RV by yourself is not a walk in the park and it would be nice to have Dad close by.
BTW kids take the year off after high school all the time before starting college so taking a year off isn't the worst idea. Is she on scholarship?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Good plan.
WE had one member some years back that let his daughter and two friends use the TT for first year college. Daughter calls dad and say the black tank won't drain and the tank is full and stinking awful.
Making a long story short....with three young women involved the tank was plugged with 40 lbs of womens sanitary napkins....gobs of TP.....one wash cloth so the tank service guy says.
Make sure daughter knows what goes in the tank with lots of water.....and what goes in the trash.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
where is campus? i know up here i wouldnt be putting my kids in a camper for the fall/winter. they would have a bad time.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep her out this year is my thought. The school will still be there when this calms down. Do you really want her exposed needlessly?
Puma 30RKSS

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I know a couple college kids who are doing online courses from home. At their colleges half the classes are planned to be "online", even if you do it from your dorm room - so the kids figured they may as well save the cost of "room and board" and just learn from home.

Having a camper seems like a good alternative!

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
there will be fall camping again. I think its a good move and your lucky to be able to help her out like that!

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
wowens79 wrote:
My daughter will be a sophomore in college this fall, and here school is reducing the number of kids in the dorms, so my daughter has lost her room for fall. So looks like we are going to take the camper to a campground close to her school for the fall semester.
She’s excited as she loves the camper, but I’m a little bummed we won’t be camping.

It’s probably the best option, she will not be as exposed as if she was in a dorm, and it’s better than getting stuck in a 12 month apartment lease is schools have to shut down again.
Think that is a excellent idea, your lucky to have that option.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Oops edit. Ratted out not tatted out , lol.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I bet she’s excited. That’s a castle compared to a dorm room!
She’ll probably get tatted out for parties quicker in the RV park than the dorm though!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold