cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Luxury Airstream starts at $91,900...

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone interested and planning on buying?

Airstream Luxury Models
15 REPLIES 15

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
I won't be buying one but I like the interior.
The Airstream would look good behind your Tesla Truck.

I'm sure I'm gonna catch a lot for this comment.... But I've always thought they were a good quality trailer but wow, they don't look much better than a commercial sink. LOL
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like the new color of Seattle Mist (dark gray)! ha, ha... Yes, that's all it is here in WA state, so don't anyone else move here!

I like the old vintage Airstreams.. But, the new ones are just dumb.. When those like Bambi ones costs over $50k... That's where I say "what is the point?"

Anyway, I like my Rockwood.. $27k

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
... Now I see that they just rebuild them every 10yrs.

I think you are confusing Airstreams with TC.
Few years back I bought Airstream from my neighbor, who was original owner. Vent covers deteriorated and needed to be replaces, aluminium toilet pedestal deteriorated and sofa covers need to be replaced.
The first major updates on TT who was 50 years old at the time.
Then obviously I polished the exterior, used for couple of years and sold it for hefty profit.

Not sure if it's true but I keep on reading that the exterior shell of an Airstream can live forever.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Where would you put the LazyBoy?
I have a 2010 Outback with a lot of miles on it and still works good and looks ok. It has way more room in it and costs a third of an airstream.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Kayteg1 wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:

Few years back I bought Airstream from my neighbor, who was original owner. Vent covers deteriorated and needed to be replaces, aluminium toilet pedestal deteriorated and sofa covers need to be replaced.
Then obviously I polished the exterior, used for couple of years and sold it for hefty profit.

The one blog, they guy proclaims to be an expert and even wrote a book on them...but had to replace the floor due to rot, furniture reupholstered, went on and on about a dent when they had a non-airstream repair guy accidentally kneel on the roof and put a dent into it.

My BIL has a 35yr old mallard (run of the mill RV nothing special)...perfect condition also. Of course, he keeps it in his pole barn.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
$91k?!!!!! I donโ€™t care if itโ€™s an airstream. They are not worth that kind of money, and itโ€™s way too small. No thanks. Iโ€™ll stick with a traditional TT for $20k with a slideout and much more room! I could by 4 regular trailers for what one airstream costs!

Not even if you are going to live on it as full timer?

There goes my dream! LOL.

P.S. - As a defensive move, I don't forget to tell my wife whenever I see one while on the road or camping that that's a very expensive RV. So as not to entertain the idea to get one for an upgrade.:E

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
PLUS taxes and license. Insurance wonโ€™t be cheap either.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
$91k?!!!!! I donโ€™t care if itโ€™s an airstream. They are not worth that kind of money, and itโ€™s way too small. No thanks. Iโ€™ll stick with a traditional TT for $20k with a slideout and much more room! I could by 4 regular trailers for what one airstream costs!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
If there's a stronger cult than tesla fanboys...it's airstream fanboys.

I follow two youtube blogs where they recently switched to airstreams...they keep going on about the issues, problems, lack of space, costs, special maintenance requirements, etc..., but then cancel it out by saying how cool it looks.

I use to think...hey, at least they last forever at the high cost. Now I see that they just rebuild them every 10yrs.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:

Nah, I even think they should make the combo of Cybertruck and Airstream illegal.

Too much eye strain and even dangerous to other drivers in the road unless they are wearing welding mask.:B

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Strange. What are those round things under it??? :h

Oh.......wheels.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wrong forum Sam. Those aren't truck campers. But they are as ugly as a cyber truck. So there's that, anyway...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold