Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory foam mattresses recommendations

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all,

Recently there have been several topics on memory foam mattresses for the TT, but none of them answered my questions? We will be purchasing one in the spring for our TT. We are familiar with memory foam mattresses because we have one in our home as the mattress for our bed. Our current mattress at home is a bedinabox mattress. We have had it for about 2 years and are very happy with it and have no complaints.

I would totally buy another bedinabox mattress for our home, but I cannot bring myself to spend $800ish on a mattress that we only use several weeks out of a year. I understand that a good night sleep and comfortability is important to your health, but like I said, the limited time we are on it $800 is too much for me to justify.

I am curious what kind of memory foam mattress you are happy with or recommend. Looking for something that is $400 or less, firm, but not too firm, doesn't sleep hot, and good for a heavier person (I am 6'1" and nearly 300lbs.?
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller
12 REPLIES 12

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
Any other mattress suggestions???
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller

Dave___Ris
Explorer
Explorer
In our Motorhome we bouught the Cheapest Mattress from our Local Sealy Store that they had on special for like $200. (They also sell at Sams Club) Then went on overstock.com and bought a 2 inch mattress topper for $70. Great Sleep!
Dave:B Ris;) 3 Daughters:)
New Jersey
2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 375BHFS

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 3" topper from Sam's and have used it for the last 5 years and very comfortable. We just put it on top of our rv full queen mattress and use the deep mattress sheets.
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you go to overstock.com and read up on the types of foam and the density of the foam to understand just which one will be the best for you.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wish I could tell you my new one is great But we haven't had a chance to sleep on it yet. We have laid on it some and it was comfortable.

We bought through Amazon a Dynasty Mattress. It's 10 inches thick. It cost us under $300.

pmfinnegan2 wrote:
Hey all,

Recently there have been several topics on memory foam mattresses for the TT, but none of them answered my questions? We will be purchasing one in the spring for our TT. We are familiar with memory foam mattresses because we have one in our home as the mattress for our bed. Our current mattress at home is a bedinabox mattress. We have had it for about 2 years and are very happy with it and have no complaints.

I would totally buy another bedinabox mattress for our home, but I cannot bring myself to spend $800ish on a mattress that we only use several weeks out of a year. I understand that a good night sleep and comfortability is important to your health, but like I said, the limited time we are on it $800 is too much for me to justify.

I am curious what kind of memory foam mattress you are happy with or recommend. Looking for something that is $400 or less, firm, but not too firm, doesn't sleep hot, and good for a heavier person (I am 6'1" and nearly 300lbs.?
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

CC_Crabman
Explorer
Explorer
8" Spa Sensations memory foam from Walmart.

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the same (though it might have been a 6-inch), and have been very happy with it. The original mattress was about two inches shorter and had rounded bottom corners. I removed the new mattress from the cover, cut it with an electric turkey knife ($10 also from Walmart), and reinstalled the cover. Works great!

Matt B

Merrykalia wrote:
We purchased this one from Walmart.

Spa Sensastions Gel Memory Foam 8"

We had one in our old TT and sold it with the TT. Purchased a new one for our 5'er. We slept on it 107 nights this past year and my husband is a large man, also.

We did not get hot, at least not because of the mattress!! It is wonderful and we got it with free shipping and it only took 3 days for delivery. Ordered on Sunday night and got it on Wednesday.

We would order another one in a minute.
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
canoe on top wrote:
We got a Novafoam 3" topper at Costco for around $150. Full Queen size and we are very happy with it.

Same here, been using it for over a month and it seems quite good. Not as nice as the Tempur-Pedic in our sticks and bricks but an adequate substitute.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one from Walmart online last year. Around $300 for the 11 inch and been very pleased with it.

DUNEBUGGYDOUG
Explorer
Explorer
Topper from Sam's Club 100.00.One in MH and one in SB

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased this one from Walmart.

Spa Sensastions Gel Memory Foam 8"

We had one in our old TT and sold it with the TT. Purchased a new one for our 5'er. We slept on it 107 nights this past year and my husband is a large man, also.

We did not get hot, at least not because of the mattress!! It is wonderful and we got it with free shipping and it only took 3 days for delivery. Ordered on Sunday night and got it on Wednesday.

We would order another one in a minute.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

canoe_on_top
Explorer
Explorer
We got a Novafoam 3" topper at Costco for around $150. Full Queen size and we are very happy with it.