cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Traveling Poll, Results.....

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just arrived yesterday in Elkhart, IN the RV Capitol of the world. I traveled from SoCal starting last Wednesday and traveled thru CA, AZ, NM, OK, MO, IL and IN. I noted every RV hauler and hotshotter with a DOT sign on the side of their truck. I assumed it would be RAM, GM and then Ford way last but not so.

Results

RAM 59 Dually's, 5 SRW Total 64

Ford 10 Dually's, 5 SRW Total 15

GM 7 Dually's, 3 SRW Total 10

I stopped counting once I hit Elkhart. I have seen MANY RAM's here since yesterday with a couple fords and GM's.

My experience driving I-5 is different with the vast majority being RAM's and about 1/3 being GM's and near no Fords each trip North and south.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
126 REPLIES 126

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Hey the truth really hurts sometimes! So some have problems with that. Chris

Exactly. All anyone has to do is go on some hotshotter forums and do some reading. There is absolutely no question that this industry is dominated by Ram/Cummins.

The same can be seen in Alberta, Canada with the oil industry there and large number of hotshotters supporting the industry. It seems like every second vehicle on the road there is a Ram/Cummins.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
SouthpawHD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
SouthpawHD wrote:
On my way down the highway, I just saw 3 GMs, 2 Fords, and 1 Ram behind a tow truck....

What does it mean????

ABSO-FRIGGEN-NOTHING!!!!!!

Its gotta be time shut this down by now. What do ya say mods????

Maybe you should just let it die a peaceful death. Thanks for the post tho.

You say that, yet YOU keep posting...

He stated maybe YOU should just let it die a peaceful death...not him:R...As stated, just skip this thread..put it on hide...if you don't want to see someone's post...block that person...so simple, a caveman could do it:B
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey the truth really hurts sometimes! So some have problems with that. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
SouthpawHD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
SouthpawHD wrote:
On my way down the highway, I just saw 3 GMs, 2 Fords, and 1 Ram behind a tow truck....

What does it mean????

This whole thread is meaningless dribble, yet another campground survey. Just someones biased survey , which means nothing . If this supposed survey would have leaned another way but Ram, it would not have seen the light of day.

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
SouthpawHD wrote:

What does it mean????

Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guess it's time for some pics.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
SouthpawHD wrote:

What does it mean????

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
TomG2 wrote:

Polls like this don't have much to do with anything but price. Are there more .22 Mossbergs or .300 Weatherby Magnums sold? Which is "Better"?

Even your comparison here is apples to oranges. You should have used .300 Mossberg vs .300 Weatherby.

I don't believe that the current market really comes to price. All 3 major brands are comparably priced right now and have been for the last 3-4 years or so.

That was the point. An unscientific analysis yields unscientific results. Everybody gets to interpret them their own way. I go back to the day when we purchased dump trucks for the hired help and for the boss. Not as many for the boss, but they were certainly "better". Guess which one got the Caterpillar engine and which got Cummins?

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:

Polls like this don't have much to do with anything but price. Are there more .22 Mossbergs or .300 Weatherby Magnums sold? Which is "Better"?

Even your comparison here is apples to oranges. You should have used .300 Mossberg vs .300 Weatherby.

I don't believe that the current market really comes to price. All 3 major brands are comparably priced right now and have been for the last 3-4 years or so.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I just arrived yesterday in Elkhart, IN the RV Capitol of the world. I traveled from SoCal starting last Wednesday and traveled thru CA, AZ, NM, OK, MO, IL and IN. I noted every RV hauler and hotshotter with a DOT sign on the side of their truck. I assumed it would be RAM, GM and then Ford way last but not so.

Results

RAM 59 Dually's, 5 SRW Total 64

Ford 10 Dually's, 5 SRW Total 15

GM 7 Dually's, 3 SRW Total 10

I stopped counting once I hit Elkhart. I have seen MANY RAM's here since yesterday with a couple fords and GM's.

My experience driving I-5 is different with the vast majority being RAM's and about 1/3 being GM's and near no Fords each trip North and south.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Port Townsend was the worst mill smell ever! Skunks ran the other direction! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Oh, it.does not smell.as.bad as it used too. Not as many smelters in town....

Marty

The aroma of Tacoma was the paper mills years ago. It smelled like a catalytic convertor working overtime.
Probably like Thunder Bay used to smell many, many years ago. It was plumb foul, noxious even.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
SouthpawHD wrote:

What does it mean????

Don't want to read it? Use the "Hide" button and you'll never be bothered by this thread again.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bedlam
blt2ski wrote:
Oh, it.does not smell.as.bad as it used too. Not as many smelters in town....

Marty

The aroma of Tacoma was the paper mills years ago. It smelled like a catalytic convertor working overtime.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD