Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrow Travel Trailers

biohazard
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Im looking to get a travel trailer and was wondering if there were any companies that make tt's that are narrower than the standard 96". Ive googled it a few times and keep finding companies that used to make narrow trailers, but cant find anything current. The spot i plan on backing it into on the side of my house is only 1 or 2" wider than 96" I would like a little more room than that.

Thanks for your help!
25 REPLIES 25

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
The ROO, Shamrock and, most likely Surveyor Hybrids are all 8' now, I believe. Our '07 ROO was 7 1/2, but a couple of years later they went to 8'. You might take a peek at the Rockwood Mini Lites....they have some nice plans but not sure about any measurements.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

nolra
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Casita. If my Dodge 2500 fits, the Casita fits. They are narrow, short, light and not enough room to swing a cat. I don't swing cats so it works for us.. (-:}
03 Dodge 2500 Cummins SB Quad
Casita 17" with D rated LT's
2004 AWD Astro van (solo camper) Lifted, locked, "E" AT/KOs.

Photo gallery

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Per Koala brochures, that 7'6" width does not include the awning. Their height number does include the AC.

afob3 wrote:
Koalas are less then 8' wide. I'd physically measure anything you are interested in against your space though. Awnings, fenders, grab handles, water hook ups, etc all jut out a little bit.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

LE
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Riverside Retro 175 and I think it's 7.5 foot wide. Riverside has smaller TTs, too. Check Riversideretro.net

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
Our Lance 1575 is 84 3/8". Lance link.

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
Koalas are less then 8' wide. I'd physically measure anything you are interested in against your space though. Awnings, fenders, grab handles, water hook ups, etc all jut out a little bit.
2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

rebelopie
Explorer
Explorer
Our Skyline Nomad is 7'-6" wide.
Past:
2001 Alfa Gold GF34RLIKBS
2006 T@B T-16L Towed with 1996 Lincoln Town Car then 2005 Dodge Dakota

Current:
2011 Skyline Nomad 248 towed with 2009 Jeep Commander

subcamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
APT wrote:
I believe most hybrids are only 7' wide. Palominorv Solaire 7 is also 7' wide.

You may want to rethink only having 6" on each side of TT to back into. That's very tight and I think unrealistic to back into.

The only reasonable way to back into a spot that tight is if you can straigthen out the trailer completely BEFORE you get into the tight spot. That way you only need to back straight into the spot. If you have to go into the tight spot at an angle it's going to be very hard.

Steve

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
Trailmanor makes an 84" wide model, which I have (TrailManor 2417 Sport), and the rest are 91" wide.

I got mine for off-road camping, on 4wd trails, and it works quite well. Tows as easily as our old canvas popup. 40 gal fresh water, 'fridge, heater, dual propane, (self-installed) solar panel.
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

popupcamping
Explorer
Explorer
biohazard wrote:
APT wrote:
I believe most hybrids are only 7' wide. Palominorv Solaire 7 is also 7' wide.

You may want to rethink only having 6" on each side of TT to back into. That's very tight and I think unrealistic to back into.

yeah, i was thinking its a bit tight, but its the only option. anyone have experience with front mounted hitches? do they help maneuvering in tight spots? Its just going to be the rear 7-8 feet of the trailer that has to get into that spot.

with the fender flares and the awning you are going to be a lot less than 6 inches a side still....unlikely going to work.

A front hitch wouldn't help.

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
IGo from evergreen are narrow in width
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many of the molded fiberglass trailer brands (Scamp, Casita, Escape) are finished at 6 1/2 to 7 feet wide. Some of the larger Escape models might be slightly beyond that.

Be careful about exterior widths in RV specifications. That width is often a design width wall to wall and might not include options like awnings, or small protrusions like side marker lights, door handles and hold-open latches, or vents and covers for appliances like refrigerators, furnaces, water heaters, or even gutters and awning rails. If you have a really tight fit on a gate or door, some of these protrusions might not make it through.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
My KZ Spree Escape E204S is 7.5' wide. It has a slideout that adds about 1.5" to the rear section where dinette and a sofa are located when you're parked.

LBL_1206
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco SLX models are all 7 feet wide....SLX 145RB, 154BH,165FB 184BH, and 185RB....