cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nash 25C or Lance 2185 Travel Trailer?

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we've narrowed our search for a four-season TT that has bunks for our kids and are trying to decide betw the Nash 25C or the Lance 2185.

It almost seems that Nash "copied" the Lance as the Nash 25C just came out and Lance has been making the similar floorplan for a couple yrs - I think since 2011? or 2012?

We like the lightweight aluminum-frame construction of the Lance over the wood construction of the Nash.

However, there is more storage/wardrobe space in the Nash, with a larger counter in the kitchen, and I like the style of it better. I'm a "foodie" and one of the main reasons I like to "bring my kitchen along via a travel trailer" is so that I can prepare wholesome meals without eating junk/spending lots of $$$ in restaurants.

The new Nash could be bought for probably about $8000 cheaper too.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Mary Kay in Ohio
92 REPLIES 92

rhinowino
Explorer
Explorer
We have been trying to decide between the Nash 25C and the Lance 2185 (we like the bunks for the kids) and need a true 4 seasons TT. Since I am in So Cal only 2 hrs from Lance factory that has some appeal. I also like the Lance product since they have seem to have thought about all the little things. The Nash on the other hand appears to be built on a better in house chassis, has a solid reputation (Northwood), has more ground clearance, is a few thousand less and the biggest item for me is the generator option (propane). I am not aware of any other TT that has a generator. Northwood dealers are few and far between in Southern California but my research indicates that Northwood will cooperate with most RV repair places for warranty work. The extra weight of the Nash isn't an issue since I have a Ford 2012 diesel f250. I welcome any comments good or bad. We still haven't ruled out a Attitude Toy hauler either.

tBlazer
Explorer
Explorer
We are patiently waiting for our new facotry order KZ 231bhs. We have looked at the lance and nash and although we already had a nash product it all came down to length and quality for us. KZ hit everything we were looking for. The Nash came in 3.5 feet longer (we already are pushing the limits for us) at 26 ft overall with the KZ. The Nash was nicely fished but the kitchen drawers were not designed very well. I hope you find what you are looking for.

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate everyone's input SO MUCH. THANK YOU! Keep'em coming.

I have to start a new post though on the KZ's though now too because I'd consider a used one if it saved me about $10,000 vs a new Nash, even though I like the floorplan of the Nash the best with all its storage/counters and cupboards......

No time now though!

Mary Kay

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
mark1228 wrote:
I would not have a slide WITHOUT north/south windows for ventilation and when it is your dinette slide you can see out the window both front and back while sitting there rather than staring at a wall.

The best view is usually out the back. Our small Lance TT doesn't have north/south windows in the slide (I wish it did), but it does have a back window right next to the slide. If I couldn't view out 360 degrees, a small trailer would start to feel pretty darn claustrophobic.

Bruce
2012 Lance 1575 TT pulled by 2013 4WD Expedition with HD Tow Package

SRockwood
Explorer
Explorer
I'd venture that the Nash's heavier mass has more to do with three extra feet in length and an extra foot in height, heavier axles, and more interior cabinets than with aluminum/adzel (or whatever it's called) siding vs. "sticks and tin" (as WoodGlue calls it).

Buy the one you like the best based on floorplan. $8k can buy a lot in extra trips, or you can pay someone to re-seal it rather than DIY to keep the interior nice and dry (not that the Lance would tolerate water intrusion either). The 600-700lb delta in weight should be considered, but neither would stress your average newer 1/2 ton very much.

mark1228
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting everyones different likes. I would not have a slide WITHOUT north/south windows for ventilation and when it is your dinette slide you can see out the window both front and back while sitting there rather than staring at a wall. Also in my area (Montana) I would much prefer to have a higher coach with better clearance, especially for the sewer pipe. To each his own! Good luck on your decision!

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
Padlin wrote:
Hard to tell from pictures, but it looks like the slides on the Lances are a bit higher off the floor then the Nash, which would make sense. The Nash also has 15" tires vs 14" which would be a plus. The only real benefit I've found from more ground clearance, other then off roading, is it works better at the dump station. It looks like three steps vs 2 to get in. Kind of a mixed bag whether the height is a good thing or a bad thing, just your point of view I guess.

Yes, the slide on the Lance is raised about 6 inches off the floor to accommodate the wheel wells.

Bruce

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to tell from pictures, but it looks like the slides on the Lances are a bit higher off the floor then the Nash, which would make sense. The Nash also has 15" tires vs 14" which would be a plus. The only real benefit I've found from more ground clearance, other then off roading, is it works better at the dump station. It looks like three steps vs 2 to get in. Kind of a mixed bag whether the height is a good thing or a bad thing, just your point of view I guess.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a fan of North South slide windows because it just seems like more junk to get caught in/on the slide.

Yeah, you've got to be a billygoat to climb up into a Nash LOL!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Bruce, but what's good/bad about the Nash being higher off the ground? I mean, I could see how higher off the ground would give better ground clearance, or possibly make it less stable.....

And that is funny about there not being windows in the "north/south" sides of the slide---I was thinking of telling Nash NOT to install the side windows in theirs! They have a large window on the "west" side and that was enough...figured it would hold the heat better and that I could also install some small shelves there possibly save some money too. LOL. One man's ceiling is another man's ...er, one man's window is another man's wall.....

Mary Kay

Bruce_H_
Explorer
Explorer
I walked though a Nash trailer at a RV show a few weeks ago, and I can say that the Nash feels much higher off the ground than Lance trailers, especially when entering or exiting.

Regarding windows in the slide, someone on the Lance Owners of America forum just recently reported that they had Lance install north and south windows in the slide when it was being built. It is not listed as an option, but apparently it can be done.

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks WoodGlue..We're in Ohio so IN isn't too far....

Mary Kay

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I never thought the wall mounted air conditioners that is almost a KZ trademark was a good idea

They're made in Shipshewana, IN

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

marykays1
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E,

Thanks. Thanks a lot! LOL, I only saw a couple KZ's and ruled them out due to the small kitchen/counters etc. Now I've done a search for used ones and have come up with a ton of them. No, the kitchen is not ideal, however we could possibly find a used bunkhouse model for WAY cheaper than a new one....I just don't know the quality of a KZ and it doesn't appear that they're automatically a four-season camper, which is very important to us.

Anyone have any thoughts on the KZ's?

Man, they sure do have a ton of floorplans.....I don't even know where they're made.

Thanks again Mike E!

Mary Kay

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:
Mike E. wrote:
To further muddy the waters, KZ makes the a similar floorplan:

http://kz-rv.com/spree/231BHS.html

Another well made trailer that comes with a 2 year warranty.
I like the grey colour of the Nash.....sorry for my Canadian spelling...haha.

Mike

Good eye!

Got the baby queen though
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA