cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a new pass-thru window curtain

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
My old curtain has stain marks on it and I'd like to get a new one. Lance store told me my model is probably too old to get one through them.

I don't mind changing the track if I need to. The track is about 29" long. The curtains are pleated lightweight fabric with plastic slides and about 18" tall.

I'm going by the local (but small) RV/boat place today to see what they have. Probably will also check with a local seamstress.

Anybody done this and have some suggestions?

Thanks,
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram
4 REPLIES 4

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Clips sewn in fabric? If still functional- could just sew new fabric onto old curtain (unless its rotting) or try some Rit dye?. Its so small remnant can be had pretty cheap. Ours you need to remove the track to get curtain off anyway, if clip strip good could remove and sew to new fabric. Stuffs pretty cheap though.
PM sent
Mark
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

iwon415
Explorer
Explorer
Tried washing them in oxyclean? Stuff is amazing on water stains.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to suggest having it made or do it yourself. If you go to a fabric shoppe ask if they know of someone who could sew for you. It is a smaller, simpler job and should cost you a lot less than from a dealer. I made 4 sets of curtains for my daughters trailer in about an hour. Drapery material is usually 60" wide so you will need to buy only 1 yard. That should tell you it will be less than buying.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't know anybody that sews bring the old curtain to a seamstress ... making curtains is pretty easy and I doubt it will cost much.
Kevin