cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Recliner Recommendation

usaclark
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning to remove the dinette booth and replace it with a couple of recliners and a small table. We think we would like a circular base for ease of sliding the recliners to around.

I am looking for affordable recommendations for recliners. We have a Bullet Premier 19FBR and the only seating is in the booth or on the bed. The booth is very uncomfortable to sit in.

Thanks for your help,
11 REPLIES 11

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
At one time we purchased a used Class A and found the recliner broken. We ordered a Best chair. Very similar to a Laz y Boy, but neither of us liked the lazyboy and it was much more expensive. We found Best at a local furniture store much cheaper and ordered it in a complementing fabric.

Years later, we purchased a new Phaeton and swapped out the one couch for two Best recliners we ordered. We had a custom file cabinet/work station built by an Amish man to fit between them. It all fit perfectly and I just sold that coach. The chairs are 14 years old and because I made slip covers for them, they looked almost new when I sold the coach. So I know they wear well and the mechanisms last a long time. My DH is 6'2" and I am 5' and they fit us both. . . a rare find.

You might check them out. Lots of choices in fabric. My last ones were microfiber and I actually found the same fabric at an upholstery shop and we recovered the dining room chair seats to match.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

jjuliajul
Explorer
Explorer
A few years ago, my husband and I bought two large upholstered chairs. We were surprised that the price for them is relatively small. They are really very comfortable and have a cool design. I spend a lot of time on it. We are not going to throw them away even after 10 years because the quality is really very good. If you are interested in what our chairs look like, they are very similar to these https://thebestreclinersreviews.com/best-rv-recliners/

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
I know someone that uses an executive office chair in his trailer.

Here is one with a footrest from Walmart for $146.80. (it even comes in white!) LINK

Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

LakeN
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Ekornes stress less recliner in home. It does go thru RV door. We took it with us on an extended trip.
'16 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
'14 Ford Focus Titanium Toad with Blue Ox tow system

usaclark
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your recommendations. If you happen to have the manufacturer of the chairs you purchased that would be helpful.

Thanks Again.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We got ours with the RV but they have a circular base and recline and rock by switching a lever in the back. We tie them back to back for travel. Lay-z-boy may have something similar.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
MikeInOregon wrote:
usaclark, I see you live in Central Oregon. We live in Bend and did the same modification to our Creekside. We removed the dinette and replaced it with swivel, rocking, recliners. We looked around Bend for small chairs at a reasonable price. We purchased our chairs at Great American Furniture Warehouse on 2nd street beside Bi-Mart. The chairs were $446.00 each. The back of the chair is removable, so it is easy to get them in the trailer. We have used the chairs all summer and we are still happy with them.

Our recliners look a lot like yours. Ours came from Garrisons Furniture in Medford.
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some recliners can be taken apart to fit thru doors .

Here is a thread regarding such.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23683201.cfm

MikeInOregon
Explorer
Explorer
usaclark, I see you live in Central Oregon. We live in Bend and did the same modification to our Creekside. We removed the dinette and replaced it with swivel, rocking, recliners. We looked around Bend for small chairs at a reasonable price. We purchased our chairs at Great American Furniture Warehouse on 2nd street beside Bi-Mart. The chairs were $446.00 each. The back of the chair is removable, so it is easy to get them in the trailer. We have used the chairs all summer and we are still happy with them.

When we are camping we spin them around so we can look out the window. This is at Suttle Lake.

2015 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost
2015 Creekside 20FQ
ProPride Hitch

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
How wide is your entry door? We couldn't find anything that would fit through the door that was worth buying. Taking a window out might be an option?
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

Alley_Fox
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking at the Ekornes clone style recliners sold by LaZBoy, Macy's etc. to replace our OEM recliners. Haven't made a decision yet, too many other budget considerations needed.
2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T
04.5 GMC Duramax SLT CCLB turbo brake Isspros
B&W Companion, Tekonsha, EFI Live by Rob Coddens, Ride Rite air
5th Airborne