cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 3500 DRW

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer

Added a 61 gallon midship tank on this one which will be really nice on long trips!
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...
33 REPLIES 33

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
minnow wrote:
What's the purpose of doing a lift on a new truck. Just for looks or is there some tangible benefit to jacking the truck up ?

Someone once told me if you have to justify every purchase you'll never buy anything and live a boring life. Don't always need it, sometimes you just wanna have it!!!
Basically the same reason all my buddies ask me why I bought a diesel to tow 9000lbs. ๐Ÿ˜„

Sweet truck OP

Very true! No one NEEDS an RV but obviously we all here have one. If the man wants to lift his new 3500, so be it, surprising that someone talks of vanity on this forum. Like there isn't a certain amount of vanity in pulling a $70K trailer with a $70K pickup, no one here mentions that. Ah the 1st World problems we have to contend with.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
minnow wrote:
What's the purpose of doing a lift on a new truck. Just for looks or is there some tangible benefit to jacking the truck up ?

Someone once told me if you have to justify every purchase you'll never buy anything and live a boring life. Don't always need it, sometimes you just wanna have it!!!
Basically the same reason all my buddies ask me why I bought a diesel to tow 9000lbs. ๐Ÿ˜„

Sweet truck OP

Thank you- one does wonder why people attack others.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:

Sweet truck OP
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

fly-boy
Explorer
Explorer
I did it because I like the way it looks. The bigger tires don't hurt in the soft stuff when towing in deep sand but it is mostly for looks.
At any rate- it's a dream to drive and just a really comfortable ride. Picked up the wife and kids this morning and headed to the coast for the weekend and it was a hoot. Looking forward to adding a few more things and just putting a bunch of miles on her.
2016 Chevy LTZ
2009 WW HKD
A few toys...

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
minnow wrote:
It's just for looks basically. Looks a bit more macho I guess. ๐Ÿ™‚ All the high school guys do it around here. I've never really understood it myself, but it's very popular in some places.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vanity, ego, place to waste money and create a questionable warranty scenario? I did quite a few things to my 2001.5, for my 2015 I bought a 8yr/120k warranty and I am going to just drive and enjoy it the way RAM built it. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

minnow
Explorer
Explorer

carpetguy2
Explorer
Explorer
Nice dually fly boy.Had a 07 white gmc 2500 with a 8 inch lift towing a 40 ft 5ver and sat level.
With 7 inch bed rail clearance. No lift on the 5'ver
Now my 08 dually might have 5 inches of clearance being stock ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007.5 chevy 3500 ltz CC LB Duramax
2016 Open range 3x378
Some other toys too

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Come on guys, why would anyone want a two tone truck. Chris

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Looks nice!!! One concern I would have is your rear tires are past your mudflaps. A AzzMonkey cop may use that as an excuse to pull you over and possibly write a ticket for that and???

Anyway have fun with it!

White is nice, I like a little Gold on mine.

Funny you mention that... I recently saw a new white Chevy truck with a similar lift as fly boy's but in a SRW, and had a gold/adobe painted bottom part that looked good. I don't know why GM doesn't offer a two tone anymore.

I don't know why they don't do two tone. They haven't for a long time. They should bring it back.

Agreed... it's way over due.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Looks nice!!! One concern I would have is your rear tires are past your mudflaps. A AzzMonkey cop may use that as an excuse to pull you over and possibly write a ticket for that and???

Anyway have fun with it!

Funny you mention that... I recently saw a new white Chevy truck with a similar lift as fly boy's but in a SRW, and had a gold/adobe painted bottom part that looked good. I don't know why GM doesn't offer a two tone anymore.

I don't know why they don't do two tone. They haven't for a long time. They should bring it back.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
fly-boy wrote:
Picked it up this afternoon and I have to be honest- it's a little higher than my black one was. Maybe 1-2" higher. Both

I thought it was exactly the same height???
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Anyway have fun with it!

Because they look terrible JMHO :B

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Anyway have fun with it!

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"