cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Arctic Fox is Tempting

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped by my local RV dealer for the first time since we bought our Wolf Creek 840 in 2016. Ran into Northwood rep Doug Karr who was more than happy to entertain me with TC trivia while showing me the newer campers on the lot. He is a whirlwind of information and is the first person I have ever met that is even more of a TC zealot than I am.

It was very interesting to hear Doug explain all the features and model differences, especially the rationale behind the design work. As a bonus I learned some new things about my own camper. I was fortunate that there was no crowd, no show atmosphere, and I had his undivided attention for at least two hours. Fascinating!

Several things he said struck me as surprising. First, he said they are cranking out TC's at capacity and they are struggling to meet demand. He also said that he would love to turn out a Wolf Creek camper in a ten foot configuration, but they can't keep up as it is. I believe that a Wolf Creek lightweight TC in ten foot length would be a killer entry into the market, but it would have to be priced well.

Who's buying all these TC's? They must be hiding them in the woods all year! I am sure the trailer madness is taking a toll on the market share. Definitely going to see about a factory tour over in Oregon soon. We'll be taking our WC with us and who knows, we might have to trade up to another TC soon! Once the wife sees the new AF's the game is likely to be over. If only I had all the money in the world... Thank goodness I can't afford a new truck or I would have no excuses left!
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads
5 REPLIES 5

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Curious what you learned about your 840?
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
I've always wanted the Arctic Fox 1150 dry bath with the sofa in place of the dinette. It's a nice big camper and you can still access most of it with the slides still in.
I haven't seen on in person as in out area of the country their aren't many TC dealers.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Bedlam
Please disregard this post. It was in response to a question that was removed.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Bedlam
In July there is a TC rally in La Grande and Northwood will be giving a factory tour.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Confirmation the industry canโ€™t kee up with demand...and all that implies.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad