Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New New Wolf Creek 840

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Read TCM today,
Looks like Acrtic Fox is rolling out the all-new Wolf Creek 840 at the California RV Show in Pomona this October. Which is next week.
Looking forward to seeing what is different then the Wolf Creek 850.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992
46 REPLIES 46

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
.......... wrote:
... a step up bath as they have in the 850. .

I've looked at a variety of campers. The thing about the step up to get in the bath area is so they can have decent sized black tank, which allows it to be taller, by raising the floor of the bathroom.

My AF811 is the same, but not as high of a step as the AF990
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Exlporer wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:
I interviewed Donald Cochran at Northwood Manufacturing about the new Wolf Creek 840 and the Wolf Creek truck camper line in general. Lots of new factory pics are included.

Wolf Creek 840

Great article Mike!!! Learned a few more things about the Wolfcreek line-up that makes me appreciate and understand my 850 even more. Also a few things that make me wish I had talked to the factory in addition to the dealer......if I'd known the three-way fridge was available when I ordered my camper I would likely have chosen it.

Then again it may not have been an option at the time I ordered, like the low-profile Mach 8 cub I now see on the options list! At the beginning of my ordering process, a year ago, they told me mine would be the first 2014...that changed as I expected!

It's good to see the options list changing and to read that they have a lot more "things" coming down the line!

Thanks, Tim. The interview was very enlightening. When you really think about what he said about the Wolf Creek sales, the 850 model comprises about 11% of the company's total truck camper sales. That's pretty impressive.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
OBSPowerstroke wrote:
Great article on the 840 Mike!

I've been tossing around the idea of adding a truck camper to my fleet and the 850 is #1 on my list since I want to keep my short bed F250 around and I know any of the heavier slide models just don't make sense on this truck.

I decided to stop by Apache Camping Center in Portland Wednesday afternoon on my way home from a week long trip to Bend to take a look at the 850 and I was surprised to see one of the 840's on the lot. It didn't even hit me what I was in until after I got out of it and into an 850! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I now realize I have a bit of thinking to do between these two models, as the 840 feels much roomier in the kitchen/dining area, as there is no squeezing between the table and bathroom to get in and out of the camper like in the 850. I initially wrote off the 840 because of the cave-like effect in the cabover with the mid-bath and what I believe to be a lack of TV mounting options that allow one TV to be used in both the cabover and the dinette, but now I'm thinking those may be fair trade offs to get a little more elbow room in the main living area.

I was very impressed with the build quality of the Wolf Creeks and am glad to see manufacturers realizing there are people out there that are looking for quality, but don't want or can't carry a multi-slide behemoth or pay the price for a Northern Light or Bigfoot full fiberglass model.

I'm still in the daydreaming phase of a truck camper purchase, as I still really like my trailer, and it would be very difficult to justify the expense of a new camping rig, but I love the flexibility I would have with a truck camper. There's just so many places I would like to go that I know my trailer either wouldn't survive the trip or fit once I got there.

Thanks, Josh. You can't go wrong with either model.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
I interviewed Donald Cochran at Northwood Manufacturing about the new Wolf Creek 840 and the Wolf Creek truck camper line in general. Lots of new factory pics are included.

Wolf Creek 840

Great article Mike!!! Learned a few more things about the Wolfcreek line-up that makes me appreciate and understand my 850 even more. Also a few things that make me wish I had talked to the factory in addition to the dealer......if I'd known the three-way fridge was available when I ordered my camper I would likely have chosen it.

Then again it may not have been an option at the time I ordered, like the low-profile Mach 8 cub I now see on the options list! At the beginning of my ordering process, a year ago, they told me mine would be the first 2014...that changed as I expected!

It's good to see the options list changing and to read that they have a lot more "things" coming down the line!
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L

OBSPowerstroke
Explorer
Explorer
Great article on the 840 Mike!

I've been tossing around the idea of adding a truck camper to my fleet and the 850 is #1 on my list since I want to keep my short bed F250 around and I know any of the heavier slide models just don't make sense on this truck.

I decided to stop by Apache Camping Center in Portland Wednesday afternoon on my way home from a week long trip to Bend to take a look at the 850 and I was surprised to see one of the 840's on the lot. It didn't even hit me what I was in until after I got out of it and into an 850! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I now realize I have a bit of thinking to do between these two models, as the 840 feels much roomier in the kitchen/dining area, as there is no squeezing between the table and bathroom to get in and out of the camper like in the 850. I initially wrote off the 840 because of the cave-like effect in the cabover with the mid-bath and what I believe to be a lack of TV mounting options that allow one TV to be used in both the cabover and the dinette, but now I'm thinking those may be fair trade offs to get a little more elbow room in the main living area.

I was very impressed with the build quality of the Wolf Creeks and am glad to see manufacturers realizing there are people out there that are looking for quality, but don't want or can't carry a multi-slide behemoth or pay the price for a Northern Light or Bigfoot full fiberglass model.

I'm still in the daydreaming phase of a truck camper purchase, as I still really like my trailer, and it would be very difficult to justify the expense of a new camping rig, but I love the flexibility I would have with a truck camper. There's just so many places I would like to go that I know my trailer either wouldn't survive the trip or fit once I got there.
Josh
'16 Ford F350
'11 Komfort Resort 240RK
Portland, OR

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer

Wolf Creek 840
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
โ€ฆ.or should we start a new discussionโ€ฆ..
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
Am willing to get some photos of the "latch" on the bath door to add to this discussion if still needed and since I keep hearing of problems I'm going to work on a new "design". It's what I do, trouble shoot and design repair options. I have some time right now so will see what I can come up with. I like some of the ideas already presented!
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB

Bedlam
My 2012 Arctic Fox has a pocket door latch mortised into the door and frame in addition to the button snap on the nylon fabric. I latch the door and snap the button when it is in travel. My toy hauler only had a snap button but the door opened east/west instead north/south so it did not experience the acceleration and deceleration forces like my on my TC.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
anutami wrote:
Doesn't the door also have a button latch? In addition to the cheap fastener that also broke on mine, my door also had a latch on the front of the door that you could snap a button to keep it secure while traveling.

I looked for a picture of my door, but none of my pictures show the snap. All mine came with is a piece of fabric about 4" long with the female half of a snap on it, that is screwed to the wall. The sliding door has the male half of the snap screwed into the door. The male half is what was/is pulled out from the hollow core door (who in their right mind thought this would hold???) Is it possible for you to take a picture of your latches for me? My camper is covered up in winter storage. The 840 in the pictures on the link posted above show a completely different system than I have.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
MORSNOW wrote:
I noticed that the 840 has a regular door handle on the bathroom, does it slide open or swing open? My 850's sliding door is nice that it doesn't block the walkway, however the cheap snap fastener was pulled loose from the door when delivered, repaired by the dealer, and pulled apart the first time going down the road again. It's still loose and won't hold the door closed when going down the road, there has to be a better idea.

Doesn't the door also have a button latch? In addition to the cheap fastener that also broke on mine, my door also had a latch on the front of the door that you could snap a button to keep it secure while traveling.
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
MORSNOW wrote:
I noticed that the 840 has a regular door handle on the bathroom, does it slide open or swing open? My 850's sliding door is nice that it doesn't block the walkway, however the cheap snap fastener was pulled loose from the door when delivered, repaired by the dealer, and pulled apart the first time going down the road again. It's still loose and won't hold the door closed when going down the road, there has to be a better idea.

Have the same problem with ours. We are thinking about replacing the door with a nice fabric curtain or an accordion style door.
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Read the TCM article on the new Wolf Creek 840. Looks real nice. Will have to choose between the 850 and the 840 now. It will be up to your preference in the floor plan layout which model Wolf Creek to get.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
If anything, producing this new model proves that the Wolf Creek line is selling well and has solidified a place in the Northwood Mfg. lineup. Not everyone wants to haul a $30,000, multiple slideout TC that weighs 4-5,000 lbs. The Wolf Creek TC caters perfectly to this crowd.

X2
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB