cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New PopUp

mikeschu42
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have been back and forth trying to figure out what kind of camper to get over the last 2 years. Started looking at pop-ups, then went through just about every option all the way up to a 38' fifth wheeler. Finally made the decision to start small with a Rockwood 1940LTD pop-up that we are picking up on Friday. We're super excited to pickup our new camper and get out in the woods.

Any recommendations on essential things to do to/with a brand new pop-up camper? We've been tent camping for many years, but have no experience with campers (yet!)
------------------------
2016 Rockwood 1940LTD
2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R
16 REPLIES 16

Cape_Cod_Mounta
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
We love the connection to the outdoors you get with the PUP
An awning and good sturdy folding table are things you will really appreciate. The screen house is a PITA to put up but if you stay in one place for more than a few days or if you are in a place with LOTS of mosquitoes it is then worth the effort. It is a great help in the rain as it keeps a larger area dry.
As you camp you will make a list a list of things you wish you had on board. Don't rush out to buy everything suggested as every camper has different tolerances. Less is best. A lot will depend on whether you are a wilderness camper or RV park camper and how long you are out.
One thing for sure you will have plenty of good advice from this forum. They are GREAT.
Destinations on purpose: Canada: Alberta, BC, Nove Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick. USA: ME,NH,MA,VT,NY,MT,WY,MN,MI,WI,GA,VA,FL,UT,CA,OR,ID,CO,NV,AZ
:BLife is Good
2009 Jayco 1206
2011 Toyota Tundra

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. Upon picking up the new pop up ask as many questions as you can. Take notes. Buy a water hose pressure regulator with a hose. Go home and begin a written list of what you want in the trailer. Go camping, make memories, learn as you go. We use bunk exterior covers just to keep them cleaner and lasting longer. Also if you camp in the rain you MUST set up at home until totally dry. Enjoy
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)