cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEW RAM HD 1000lb-ft #2

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was ready to post this and it came pack ERROR thread has been closed.

"I have always said to ignore the people that side track a thread as it happens, i know I have gone off topic before also. BUT maybe a PM between these two would save a lot of scanning to get to the next post.

Really hate to see this one get closed as it's a good topic for people interested in a new truck."

SOOOO let's keep this going AND as close to on topic as possible. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD
80 REPLIES 80

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
One thing I think will be a good option is the headlights that turn I think up to 15 degrees. Nice to see where you are going around a corner.

The light's maybe good, but the pumpkin brown longhorn interior looks hideous and I love brown interiors when done right.

The ugly seat stitching and gauge cluster is what turned me away from the Longhorn. When I purchased my truck, the salesman put me in a Laramie Longhorn when I first got there. I opened the door and said no. I told him to find me a truck with all the same amenities, but without those ugly coca-cola cowboy seats. Luckily he had a truck the same color that had all the same amenities, but in a regular Laramie.

Although, if the Longhorn was more than just an appearance package and it came with the things I couldn't get in a Laramie like seat and steering wheel warmers or projector headlights then I would have lived with the ugly seats.

When I purchased my '12 I really wanted a King Ranch but knew the painted front bumpers wouldn't last so I purchased a Lariat with a durable chrome bumper. Just a couple a weeks ago I was driving down I10 and a truck threw a piece of metal from the road and it hit my front bumper. After looking at the spot it hit I simply wiped off a bit of powder and all looks good.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
ShinerBock wrote:

Although, if the Longhorn was more than just an appearance package and it came with the things I couldn't get in a Laramie like seat and steering wheel warmers or projector headlights then I would have lived with the ugly seats.

Yep, our Laramie has.

From my window sticker.

Standard on Laramie:
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated Front Seats
Ventilated Front Seats

Option equipment:
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats $ 500
Heated Second-Row Seats
Laramie Package 28H

Keyless Enter 'n Go(TM) $ 150
Remote Start System (N/A Manual
Transmission)
$ 200
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
Anyone know if you can still get the upfitter switches?
I know that on the previous trucks, you had to have them installed at the factory on the HD's. The dealer could not add them.

Good question. I ordered them on my truck. Have not used them.

If I donโ€™t buy a 2020 I will use one switch for a compressor for some LOUD AIR HORNS.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure it will run DW's curling iron.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Groover wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Here's a towing chart for the 2500-3500. You can see what combos are available for each truck.

file:///C:/Users/Dad/Downloads/Towing_Charts%20(4).pdf

I get "Site cannot be reached" ๐Ÿ˜ž

Yeah I can't get it to post on here. Sorry.

FYI, that is because the link is to a file downloaded on your hard drive, not to an internet location.

LMAO... It's "Dad's" file on his local C: drive.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Here's a towing chart for the 2500-3500. You can see what combos are available for each truck.

file:///C:/Users/Dad/Downloads/Towing_Charts%20(4).pdf

I get "Site cannot be reached" ๐Ÿ˜ž

Yeah I can't get it to post on here. Sorry.

FYI, that is because the link is to a file downloaded on your hard drive, not to an internet location.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Anyone know if you can still get the upfitter switches?
I know that on the previous trucks, you had to have them installed at the factory on the HD's. The dealer could not add them.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
It was not necessarily about paying for it, because I would have gladly done if it came with something that I thought was worth paying for. As I said, if it were more than just an appearance package and came with the useful things I wanted and could not get in a Laramie then I would have lived with the ugly coca-cola cowboy seats.

I am not one of those who has to buy expensive appearance packages just to say mine is better or to make me feel better about my status in life. Being a utilitarian, it has to serve a purpose for me to fork over my coin, and appearance packages serve no purpose to me. Heck, if the Tradesman came with everything I wanted then I would have gotten that.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice to have options. My cluster and interior IMHO are unmatched.

Simply no comparison between Laramie leather quality or quantity VS Limited or LongHorn.

YES it all comes with a price that I was happy to pay for.

NOT bashing the Laramie. Simply stating there is a big difference some may or may not want to pay for.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
One thing I think will be a good option is the headlights that turn I think up to 15 degrees. Nice to see where you are going around a corner.

The light's maybe good, but the pumpkin brown longhorn interior just looks bad and I love brown interiors when done right. Of course my current truck has a brown interior.

Iโ€™m waiting to see all options in person. So far I like mine better.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

The light's maybe good, but the pumpkin brown longhorn interior looks hideous and I love brown interiors when done right.

The ugly seat stitching and gauge cluster is what turned me away from the Longhorn. When I purchased my truck, the salesman put me in a Laramie Longhorn when I first got there. I opened the door and said no. I told him to find me a truck with all the same amenities, but without those ugly coca-cola cowboy seats. Luckily he had a truck the same color that had all the same amenities, but in a regular Laramie.

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

The light's maybe good, but the pumpkin brown longhorn interior just looks bad and I love brown interiors when done right. Of course my current truck has a brown interior.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ksss wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Oh it's semi cloudy in Seattle, 15-30 knots of wind, sailboat race today.....should be a hoot.
Hopefully the manure types on here don't create too much trouble!

Marty

I will refrain myself for today so you can enjoy yourself. No promises for tomorrow though, especially if ozy starts doing his USA bashing again.

If the rest of the day goes to hell, I got my laugh....thank you!

X2...

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
Aw, such a calm thread. Like a Buddhist temple in here :B

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Oh it's semi cloudy in Seattle, 15-30 knots of wind, sailboat race today.....should be a hoot.
Hopefully the manure types on here don't create too much trouble!

Marty

I will refrain myself for today so you can enjoy yourself. No promises for tomorrow though, especially if ozy starts doing his USA bashing again.

If the rest of the day goes to hell, I got my laugh....thank you!
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1