cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New recall for Keystone Passport and Bullet owners

ZeeLet50
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a letter today stating there is a recall for our trailer. it seems less than ideal fasteners were used to secure the leveling jacks to the frame. The recall states the dealer will replace fasteners. When we picked up our trailer,one of the screws holding the jacks broke and they fixed it on the spot. So I was not surprised. I would hate to loose one of those on the road....
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.
6 REPLIES 6

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
2013 KEYSTONE BULLET RECALL - #13V338000

RECALL FOR EQUIPMENT

Keystone RV Company (Keystone) is recalling certain model year 2013 Bullet and Passport trailers manufactured October 1, 2012, through March 5, 2013. The mounting fasteners for the stabilizer jacks may fail causing the jack to become loose and separate from the vehicle.
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Marsland
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2012 Bullet when exploring the covered underbelly I removed the stabilizing jacks. They were attached using two self drilling screws and two bolts. Don't know what the other model years are attached with. Welding would be more secure. Mine are attached AFTER the coroplast is in place.
1 (Re)tired DH
1 Terrific DW
2012 Keystone Bullet 284RLS
2012 Ford F150 S/Crew ECOBoost
ScanGaugeII

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Technically they are stabilizing jacks rather than leveling jacks, but that aside, wondering why they weren't welded to the frame. All 4 of the trailers we have owned, they were welded.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
A good year for cheap Chinese parts.

ZeeLet50
Explorer
Explorer
It applies to only 2013. Must of been a bad year for steel.
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
Any idea on years?