cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to Truck Camper World:

Lexicon7
Explorer
Explorer
I should be picking up a great used Lance in a few days and would like to head out to the desert near Blythe, Ca and Quartzsite Az.
I know I'll need to run my air and wondering where people install a generator which I do not have yet and what size I will need. I have heard of folks having a support professionally built and mounted on the front of the truck? I guess just setting the unit out on the ground when using air is ok but don't want to squash my big dog with it when rolling. She pretty much needs the floor space in the camper.
11 REPLIES 11

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Sure. I just turned the exhaust opposite the door opening. When I was staying at a place for a few days and had help I would move it to the ground.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even though it is long gone, could you have ran/installed it 90-degrees?

I gotta admit, the older I get, the more I would appreciate an electric start. Fortunately, the way my overall system; solal, LEDS, etc, I seldom use my Honda.

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
JumboJet, that is setup real nice. Could you turn your generator 90-degrees?

That setup was from my LONG-GONE Lance 1030. My two TCs since the 1030 had/have an installed Onan 2500 LPG generator.

I still have the Yamaha 3000 Inverter generator and use it for other purposes.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
A testiment to a
Good quality rig.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Wagonqueen Truckster. Just an old junker 1988 Bigfoot, never under a cover.

Wayne

1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
That is a really nice camper you have there Wayne...

Reddog1 wrote:

Years ago, I had my Honda setup similar to JumboJet's. I was always concerned a simple bump in the rear by another vehicle could do a lot of damage. I fabricated a couple of mounts, and ended up with this. It has a cable lock and vinyl cover. I always run it in its mount, and without electric start, I need only to open the door to start it while I am mostly inside the TC.

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Years ago, I had my Honda setup similar to JumboJet's. I was always concerned a simple bump in the rear by another vehicle could do a lot of damage. I fabricated a couple of mounts, and ended up with this. It has a cable lock and vinyl cover. I always run it in its mount, and without electric start, I need only to open the door to start it while I am mostly inside the TC.

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new camper lets see pics of the new set up. How big of of a generator do you have you may be able to just set inside the camper when traveling.
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Torklift makes the Lock and Load carrier that will accomcdate almost any size or make generator, and fits into any 2" receiver hitch. The nice thing is that you can lock the genny in place to prevent theft. As usual with Torklift, its a very well built set up.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
What size A/C unit? 9200btu, 11,000btu or 13,000 btu?

What configuration truck cab? Regular, extended cab, crew cab?

We used to put our Honda 2000 generator in the camper bathroom when traveling.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
You could do something similar to this -