cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Truck Camper in Australia

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
At the Adelaide Caravsn and Camping show, the Company that produces Trailblazers RV , had a new version of its Overland Model on an IVECO 4x4. The GCVWR is 18,000lb on the 50c model, but it has 32 forward gears and climbs like aUnimog

12 REPLIES 12

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad we do not get the Iveco in North America. In fact there are no crew cab vans like this at all. I know many manufacturers make them and ship them to the rest of the world, but not NA.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
The 70C version will tow a 35ft Fith Wheeler, max length,38-39ft. When 5ver gets over 35ft, need LPG as Chemical supercharging to keep up with 1 Ton up hills

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfootchevy wrote:
Without seeing the inside I cannot decide if I would like it or not. Looks good from the outside but if its really small or crowded inside I would not want it.

Paul

Interior

Earlier interior, as these are Custom builds he has a range to suit

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Without seeing the inside I cannot decide if I would like it or not. Looks good from the outside but if its really small or crowded inside I would not want it.

Paul

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
Impressive but I would never get my wife to drive it IF she could get in the cab.

:h

I honestly cannot see why anyone could NOT get in the cab of that. There are side steps plainly visible in the photo.

An impressive looking rig. Thanks for posting the photos!
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Interesting that they took the minimalist route with such a huge truck.

They compete with Japanese Trucks as Delivery vehicles, The IVECO in its 70C guise has a payload of 9,000lb as a Van and 10,800lb as a Cab Chassis variant of the Van
The 4x4 version has a min 4,000lb Off Road, can be updated to 5000lbs. Towing is 8,000lb

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:

The IVECO is replacing the Sprinter as a base for Class C MH's
A Jayco Optimum 28.5 ft long, 15,000lb GVWR, 23,000lb GCWR

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

trackhead
Explorer
Explorer
I want one, but will never be able to afford even the tires.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Sharp looking little ride.
Be nice to see the inside.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
romore wrote:
Impressive but I would never get my wife to drive it IF she could get in the cab.

Must be a NA thing as you see many women driving Pickups, Class C's

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II