cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TT Tires

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
So hubby says we are putting all new tires on the TT. The old ones had 1500K or 900m on them and one side was wearing bad.

The issue that is causing the tires to wear wrong will be dealt with first.

Now what type of tires do you recommend buying? We are in Canada so hopefully we can get what you recommend, however we would travel to Michigan for them.

Our TT is a 27QBSS 31' total. Dry weight around 4201lbs. I forget loaded but we are well within limits. Obviously tandem wheels.

Ireland you need more info to help please say so.
17 REPLIES 17

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:

All I know is that they are radial tires.. What make is your TT?

FastEagle

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Nvr2loud wrote:
Right now you likely have the 14" Goodyear Marathon B rated tires (that was factory on my 30QBSS with 4370 lbs dry weight)

I found the best direct replacement was the Goodyear Marathon C rated tires for that size. Increases the pressure from 35 psi to 50 psi with a load rating that far exceeds the trailer load rating.

A lot of people around here will bash Goodyear, so decide whatever brand you like and go from there. I have NEVER had a problem with a Goodyear Marathon (two campers, one enclosed utility trailer, and one boat trailer) but I also know a lot of people with Maxxis that have also never had a problem.

All I know is that they are radial tires.. What make is your TT?

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:
I just put a set of Kuhmo Radial 857's on my trailer. They are the only 14" tire that has a 2271 lb rating and a 99 mph speed rating. The 205-75R-14's are on national backorder so I don't know when they will be available, but another poster said the other sizes were available at TireRack. My tires say they were manufactured in Vietnam.

Kuhmo are a metric tire. If you have 205/75R14 "ST" tires you would need a 195/R14 Kuhmo for a same size replacement. Some of us don't have room for the extra size of the Kumho 205.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Nvr2loud
Explorer
Explorer
Right now you likely have the 14" Goodyear Marathon B rated tires (that was factory on my 30QBSS with 4370 lbs dry weight)

I found the best direct replacement was the Goodyear Marathon C rated tires for that size. Increases the pressure from 35 psi to 50 psi with a load rating that far exceeds the trailer load rating.

A lot of people around here will bash Goodyear, so decide whatever brand you like and go from there. I have NEVER had a problem with a Goodyear Marathon (two campers, one enclosed utility trailer, and one boat trailer) but I also know a lot of people with Maxxis that have also never had a problem.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxxis seems to be the tire of choice by the majority here. Based on this I just replaced 4 brand new Marathons with 8 ply Maxxis 8008. But when the China Bombs explode they can cause more TT damage than several sets of new tires cost.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
FastEagle

Note:

FastEagle
Explorer
Explorer
loulou57 wrote:
The tires have these markings on them. H188ST. ST205175D14
I think it says IVID???

FastEagle

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just put a set of Kuhmo Radial 857's on my trailer. They are the only 14" tire that has a 2271 lb rating and a 99 mph speed rating. The 205-75R-14's are on national backorder so I don't know when they will be available, but another poster said the other sizes were available at TireRack. My tires say they were manufactured in Vietnam.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your comments. With all the issues, especially with being sold "used" trailer as a new one we are very cautious now. The dealer has addressed any concerns so far but with so many major issues we really are wondering what the story on this unit is. Monaco has been more than great and when we talk to the dealer again on the weekend if we are not happy we shall call Monaco.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I would ask the dealer how much maintenance is required in 1500 miles! Sounds like a cop out to me. Push for them to check axle alignment under warranty. I had to have an axle replaced under warranty on my last TT. They paid for 4 new tires also. You may not have hit a curb or done anything but you never know what happened during the delivery process. Call the Mfg. for help if you can't get any satisfaction from the dealer. Good Luck!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Get the issues fixed first. Maxxis is currently the only brand of ST tire I will use.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
If the worn tire is on the curb side it may have rubbed a curb on a tight right turn, thus bending the axle. It's a common happening.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
The tires have these markings on them. H188ST. ST205175D14
I think it says IVID???

The TT has only gone about 1500 miles or 900 km . No curb or pothole mishaps. We did talk to the dealer and he says that it sounds like a maintenance issue.

The TT goes in to the dealership at the end of the week for other warranty work.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Maxxiss is the only ST tire I will buy.