cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new to me TT last fall that has an outside shower. At first I thought it was kind of cool, but now I'm wondering what it's purpose is? About the only use I can see it would be good for is washing sand off of the grand kids feet at the beach. Am I missing something?
57 REPLIES 57

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Not mentioned so far - dishwashing.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
We set up a portable outside kitchen under a rear awning when we stay on a site for multiple days at a time. We use the outside shower (located on the rear of our TT) for dish washing.

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it should have dawned on me I could get a longer hose. The one on mine is just about too short for anything but rinsing your feet.

Thanks for the ideas.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I rarely ever use it. Don't really need it at all.

Larry-D
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wash the dogs when they rub all in something dead while we hike the trails.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
We use ours all the time.....we camp almost exclusively at the beach and the dog gets sandy.

I put a 12 food standard shower hose on ours. (Home Depot). Direct fit. No fittings or modifications necessary.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's good for clearing out campsites near you. Get naked, go out and take a shower, you will soon have a large area of the CG to yourself.
Or, a cellmate. :B

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We love our outside shower. We camp a lot in Florida, so rinsing off after going to the beach is great. My husband is a cyclist (bicycle) and likes to rinse off after a long ride. I've washed the dishes outside when we didn't have a sewer connection. We replaced our short shower hose with a longer one from Lowes. It won't fit when the hatch is closed, so I just disconnect it for travel.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
The hose on those showers is 3/8". Kind of an odd size for garden hose fittings.

I've never seen an outside shower on any trailer with 3/4" GH fittings, AFAIK they're all 1/2" NPT, just like the rest of the camper.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
jimlj wrote:
I bought a new to me TT last fall that has an outside shower.

About the only use I can see it would be good for is washing sand off of the grand kids feet at the beach.

That's what we used to use ours for so our boys wouldn't track sand into the camper ... had them stand in a Rubbermaid bin so the ground didn't become a mucky mess, then tossed it into the foliage surrounding our campsite. Very useful for that purpose. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Winnieโ€™s outside shower works great on bicycle, feet or the whole me. You are โ€œmissingโ€ a complete shower with swimming trunks on...for men. Any military service? Granted drainage can be an issue and I donโ€™t when itโ€™s not appropriate.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
The hose on those showers is 3/8". Kind of an odd size for garden hose fittings. I went to a home brewing supply and they all seem to carry 3/8" to male and female garden hose brass fittings. Cut your hose and put it back together with them. After that, you can split it apart, inset a garden hose in between and if the hose is long enough, clean your windshield!

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
kids/dogs/mountain bikes/sandy feet/dishes/dirty mats/clean fish.....endless possibilities
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)