cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'Poo' bucket gets a new cover

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
We carry an 15 gal auxiliary waste tank for those occasion when we overstay our 'capacity'.

Lives on the back bumper..

Because its quite blue we also have always kept covered. Used an old poly stuff bag. Several years old finally rotted to the point not usable. Being very self conscious of very blue poo bucket
on the back decided to make a new cover.

Went to a couple different fabric stores before ending up at local upholstery shop.
Inquired about some vinyl suitable to use outside. Owner asks what color. I said white, "White?', he says, "come on out back". In the shop he shows me several rolls of different whites. Points to one and says this is the heaviest, if used outside it'll last the longest-what we use on boats. Gives me a price and I choke. Told I had to think about it -didn't realize expense. Fine he says, we have some lighter grades if that would help. We talk a while-I was surprised how many folks worked there, all busy sewing and stapling furniture etc which is their primary business, restoration & reupholster of furniture.

Anyway he finally asks what I was making. I told him a cover for our campers Poo bucket.
He gets this blank look then burst out laughing. Thought he was going to fall over--older fella setting at near machine asks "What" .. owner barely gets out "hes making a cover for a 'POOH' bucket!". One by one all the workers pause then join in. The whole shop is cracking up.

Owner slaps me on the back and asks how much I need. I told him a yard would do it but not sure I can justify the cost for a poo bucket. He starts laughing again, proceeds to throw the roll on table and slices off a yard, rolls it up and hands it to me then walks back to the office.

Following I ask what I owe him and he says its yours, maybe bring it back by when you get it sewn, well-before you use it. Chuckles, shakes my hand and turns to his computer. Taking that as session ended, thanked him again and left.

One of the most different episodes I've encountered quite some, thought some might enjoy, not so much making a sack.

Got the cover sewn up, straps need replacing but its covered.

The cover is only on when tank is mounted, removed for filling or dumping but had to use recently (someone forgot to dump the black tank). Used that as excuse to not roll the poo bucket into the upholsters shop. My sewing skills are at best ah functional. However every time I look at it cant' help but laugh...
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com
6 REPLIES 6

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just be thankful that the bucket doesn't have transparent sides.
bumpy

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Well I thought previously about painting-not sure if it would stick..
If it did I might be inclined to paint matching the hauler

Or maybe the Stealth Poo look...

Ha-

Edit:
oops, resized pic. I'm done, just thought the episode at the upholsterers shop some might find humorous. Ignitor arrived for our water heater, on to important stuff.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Polish rendition of what it would look like painted white and add stripes to match your TC. :B:B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Krylon Fusion for Plastic.

Spray paint it white to match your RV.
And if you want to get tricky run some pin stripes across the top to match the decals on the back of your TC so it really blends in!

I saw a guy with a Class A with full body paint, Paint his step ladder he had strapped to the RV ladder to match the paint on the RV so you didn't see it. Was pretty slick. :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my solution is easier/quicker/cheaper. Just put a sign in bold letters on it, "Potable water only".
bumpy

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same Pooh Storage. However, no cover. I guess now due to peer pressure it needs to be covered. Lol
'12 F450 6.7L, 4x4 Crewcab Longbed Airlift 5000 Stableload Reese 48" ext Torklift Fastguns Blistein 4600 Bigwig Rear Sway Bar.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Kids: 4,8, 9 & twins 28
Patient wife