cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepping for below freezing temps and snow.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Shuffled some stuff around and parked it inside. :B
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
35 REPLIES 35

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
#1Flyboy wrote:
…. Here I am toughening it out in the Philippines & wishing I was in the TC somewhere… Actually on day 8 of a 10 day quarantine locked up in a hotel room overlooking Manila Bay & guess what…NO Alcohol allowed during quarantine…… And REALITY CHECK the dog and I flew into the Fry Canyon dirt strip years ago & stayed at the motel restaurant that operated there, now a residence.

Rancher we were spending time with up there pointed out two landing strips...not used much now. They were north of the river in the Glen Canyon rec area.

Saw a couple planes dropping in near Hite Crossing to pick up a bike tour group from Moab...lol, I imagine that was cheap. The strip is next to the hwy on the in between the two bridges.

No Alcohol...??
Currently hanging in our camper

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II

Healthy 5"... LOVE it!!!!!!!
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

specta
Explorer
Explorer

This what I woke up to.

The shop has a wood shop too.
Kenny

Bradymydog
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I am hoping to build a shop like that next year. One more winter with things uncovered...

Me too, unfortunately "next year" never seems to come.

Unobtanium
Explorer
Explorer
That's one impressive shop......where is the Bendpack OH hoist?;)

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
…. Here I am toughening it out in the Philippines & wishing I was in the TC somewhere… Actually on day 8 of a 10 day quarantine locked up in a hotel room overlooking Manila Bay & guess what…NO Alcohol allowed during quarantine…… And REALITY CHECK the dog and I flew into the Fry Canyon dirt strip years ago & stayed at the motel restaurant that operated there, now a residence.

Bedlam
I am hoping to build a shop like that next year. One more winter with things uncovered...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
specta wrote:
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Nov 3rd we will be driving the Truck and Lance cross country towing our horse in a trailer from near San Francisco to Lexington KY on I80 until Iowa then dropping down to Lexington. We will be traveling wet, the camper fully insulated and on below freezing days have the furnace on. Stops for the night in Salt Lake City, Ogallala NE, St Peters MO. We will spend a week at the Kentucky horse park competing then do the trip in reverse about 5000 miles total. After that Its snow camping time in the Sierras and Cascades

Sounds like such an awesome trip.
I was raised in Salt Lake City and just live about 200 miles south.

we did it in 2019 and Ruth won the Intermediate 1 Freestyle championship
If you are on Facebook here are the Photos from that trip https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3108450592505263&type=3
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Reality Check wrote:
specta wrote:

We're currently parked on some land 20 miles N/Eish of Richfield. Snow is a coming tonight I believe...

What a beautiful area. We were down in Fry canyon area..had to make a quick hop up to the "hospital" after bike met road...20 miles back in the Glen Canyon area. Should have invited you up for steak dinner!

I live 23 miles west of Richfield in Fremont Indian State Park.

Sure hope all is OK from the bike accident.

You should wake up to the white stuff. 🙂

Would have loved to have met you.
Kenny

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
specta wrote:

We're currently parked on some land 20 miles N/Eish of Richfield. Snow is a coming tonight I believe...

What a beautiful area. We were down in Fry canyon area..had to make a quick hop up to the "hospital" after bike met road...20 miles back in the Glen Canyon area. Should have invited you up for steak dinner!

specta
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Nice shop.

I just winterized mine today after using it the last several days in Eastern MT. But, I think I have to take a look at the generator to see if the vent hose is clogged. Still tbd is winterize the trailer. I have electric heat blowing into the compartment with the pump, drained the water, etc. Still tbd to run rv antifreeze through the lines.

Thanks Jim, just wish it was mine.

I need mine for work for a little while. I just ordered tank heaters for the black and gray and hopefully use it through out the winter.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Nov 3rd we will be driving the Truck and Lance cross country towing our horse in a trailer from near San Francisco to Lexington KY on I80 until Iowa then dropping down to Lexington. We will be traveling wet, the camper fully insulated and on below freezing days have the furnace on. Stops for the night in Salt Lake City, Ogallala NE, St Peters MO. We will spend a week at the Kentucky horse park competing then do the trip in reverse about 5000 miles total. After that Its snow camping time in the Sierras and Cascades

Sounds like such an awesome trip.
Kenny

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice shop.

I just winterized mine today after using it the last several days in Eastern MT. But, I think I have to take a look at the generator to see if the vent hose is clogged. Still tbd is winterize the trailer. I have electric heat blowing into the compartment with the pump, drained the water, etc. Still tbd to run rv antifreeze through the lines.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

specta
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Supercharged111 wrote:
This thread is nothing more than an excuse to show off your shop and yes, I am jealous.

specta probably has higher electric bills, heating bills, maintenance expenses and pays more in taxes.
Feel better now :@

We do need a like button. 🙂
Kenny