cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"best" travel trailer

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
In your opinion, what is the best made TT? Which brand do you feel has the best craftsmanship, uses the best materials, quality appliances, quality cabinetry, good fixtures (toilets, faucets, shower stalls, ect...).....What do you say?
42 REPLIES 42

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
A better question might be what is the best trailer for the money spent?
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Custom built New Horizon or custom built Spacecraft rv.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Kavoom wrote:
Airstream, or you can buy three others with equivalent amenities and store two for back ups.

Yep. Never could convince the wife of that. That and they don't open up into a vast expanse of junk hauling storage space.
Back on earth, I think Jayco is the best bang for the buck. We ordered our third jayco 6 weeks ago. After trying the smooth side delaminator in our KZ Jag, another good product in our experience, we decided to go back to stick and tin.

Odd thing about Airstreams is the particle board floor. I've seen more than one just a few years old with soft floor troubles.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream, or you can buy three others with equivalent amenities and store two for back ups.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Airstream? Likely that would be the one. Notice we don't own one. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
MIne

Guy

nightshift
Explorer
Explorer
Escape.

A buddy owns one. Top quality. But my all time favourite is Bigfoot. I owned a 19 ft for years and loved it. They're pricey, though.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oliver

Oliver Trailers
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

ZBoater
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is !

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
The only best ones are the few lucky owners that have not had to take theirs back to the dealer for work. The next best are the ones lucky enough to have simple problems that they can fix themselves. The rest are the unlucky ones that have numerous issues and need several trips to the dealer to get them fixed.
For the most part they're all made the same way with the same equipment. You can sort thru the different MFG and find out what they're putting inside them, how they're building them and that's about it.
Airstream is a different breed in it's self. But you pay for it big time. And don't think that because Airstream cost a lot more that it will have fewer problems. They have their own set of problems.

Best thing to do is visit all the different brands of owners forums and read and ask about what model you're interested in.
But be forewarned, those forums are magnets for owners with issues. So it may seem like they all have problems, which they do but it's the types of problems that determine which is best.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For more objective appraisals you might want to contact the RV Consumer Group; www.rv.org.
Also so a Google search for `best travel trailer' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB