cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recall on my Jayco door lock

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
So I got a recall notice on my Jayco TT for the FIC door lock having a problem breaking and locking the occupants inside. My problem is the key does not match, mine is a Baeur make not the square HF keys shown, anyone else have this issue?
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge
15 REPLIES 15

MegaWonder
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:
MegaWonder wrote:
M GO BLUE wrote:
My key was not on their recall list but I can pull the key out in the 9 o'clock position so I sent my info to them and have them send me a new cylinder and keys...

The replacement process takes less than 30 seconds when you replace the cylinder...watch the video they provide you on their website

How long did it take for them to ship out your lock replacement/s and/or return packaging ? We our waiting for our replacements after verifying with manufacture 2 weeks ago.

We got the notice this past Friday and I went online Sunday and registered so it has only been a few days for us...I will give it about 2-3 weeks for some kind of response and then I would call to verify that the replacement is being shipped

Well, I found out my delay is due to the overwelming number of parts being recalled/notices being sent out etc. 3million plus? or on those lines.. Another 2weeks I can wait. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not camping weather for me here in NJ. In fact the man with the bow tie Hurricane Schwartz (One of the local Philly TV weather personalities) is predicting 6"-10" of snow this Sun. thru Mon.
2010 EVERGREEN EVERLITE 31RLS

2010 RAM 3500 SRW MEGA CAB 4X4 with 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Auto, 3.73 gears

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I got a notice about a door lock recall, but it was for my previous KZ TT.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

JJ_Spectre
Explorer
Explorer
pmfinnegan2 wrote:
***UPDATE***

Some of the door latches on our RVs are made by Bauer Products Inc. this is the case with my Jayco

I wanted to let everyone know I contacted Bauer Products Inc., and asked if they were a part of the Fastec recall. I also sent them a link showing them the recall notice.

I got a reply back , directly quoting the representative from Bauer Products Inc. he said "We (Bauer Products Inc.) are NOT part of the Fastec recall."

I just got my recall letter and my lock is Bauer as well. I figured I would take a look on here to see if anyone else fell into that category. Thanks for the info! ๐Ÿ™‚
  • 2014 Silverado 1500 LT with Max Trailering package
    2012 Jayco Jay Feather Select 28R
    Husky Centreline
    5 of us plus one old dog

Days camped 2013: 21
    Days camped 2014: stay tuned!

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the clarification pmfinnegan2.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

W_E_BGood
Explorer
Explorer
HERE is the nhtsa.org link.

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
***UPDATE***

Some of the door latches on our RVs are made by Bauer Products Inc. this is the case with my Jayco

I wanted to let everyone know I contacted Bauer Products Inc., and asked if they were a part of the Fastec recall. I also sent them a link showing them the recall notice.

I got a reply back , directly quoting the representative from Bauer Products Inc. he said "We (Bauer Products Inc.) are NOT part of the Fastec recall."
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
I did the recall last fall. I called on Monday and had the replacements on Thursday. FYI...this recall is much larger then ha been reported. I told a friend about it and sure enough his TC was a 2004 and had the bad lock numbers....he called and they sent him replacements.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
MegaWonder wrote:
M GO BLUE wrote:
My key was not on their recall list but I can pull the key out in the 9 o'clock position so I sent my info to them and have them send me a new cylinder and keys...

The replacement process takes less than 30 seconds when you replace the cylinder...watch the video they provide you on their website

How long did it take for them to ship out your lock replacement/s and/or return packaging ? We our waiting for our replacements after verifying with manufacture 2 weeks ago.

We got the notice this past Friday and I went online Sunday and registered so it has only been a few days for us...I will give it about 2-3 weeks for some kind of response and then I would call to verify that the replacement is being shipped

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

MegaWonder
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:

2010 EVERGREEN EVERLITE 31RLS

2010 RAM 3500 SRW MEGA CAB 4X4 with 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Auto, 3.73 gears

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
I Had a problem with my lock where it would not activate deadbolt. So I bought and installed new lock with different lock series number. My old lock had recall id number but faile in opposition to that in recall. All good now.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Just because you got a notice does not mean that your lock has been recalled.
They are sending notices to anyone that can potentially have this lock installed on their RV.
Due to the nature of RV manufacturing, they do not know for sure which locks are installed on which units.

I got my notice, and my lock was NOT a recalled one.

Read and follow the directions in your notice to see if yours is a recalled one or not.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

I have the problem with my FIC lock.
It has been a total pain since I bought it last May.
My key code does not line up with the recall ones, but still, it exhibits the same symptoms
It has been a pain to operate since day one. It has never worked right, ever.

My lock does everything they describe in the recall bulletin.

I Guess I should email then and see if they will warranty mine.
My main lock fell out in my hand one day. So now all I use is the deadbolt. But I can pull the key out at the 9 o'clock position.

Yeah these things are junk.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

mrp116
Explorer
Explorer
I received the notice today and briefly looke dit over. I just haven't felt like investing the time this evening to determine if we have that lock or not. Since the trailer is "wintering" 225 miles away, even if I was able to determine that we had the issue, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it until I pick her up in another six weeks, or so.