cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Removing the shake... suggestions?

nana2callie
Explorer
Explorer
We have our TT set perm but are still getting a lot of movement within - suggestions for making the TT more solid.
11 REPLIES 11

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
For this one instance, I will agree with Larry.
Since this TT is set up permanent.. Stabilize it that way. You can use the screw type jacks like Larry does, or the concrete blocks etc... Point is, since you aren't moving it, then ease of setup and takedown isn't important. I would use 6-8 supports of your choice and be done with it.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cecilt wrote:
Wiscampsin wrote:
Check out JT Strongarms

x2. Have these front and rear and the ONLY way to eliminate shake and side to side movement. All other options are just cheap alternatives that will never leave you satisfied.

HOGWASH, HOGWASH, HOGWASH ... you obviously don't understand the problem/issue. All JT Strongarms do is to attempt to fix an already poor and ill placed stabilizing system. There are much cheaper and more effective methods to stabilize your trailer than those overpriced JT Strongarms.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
fatboy66 wrote:
jaycocreek wrote:
Besides four corner jacks(screw jacks), tire locks helps also. These new electric stabilizers are worthless and bend easy.

You're not supposed to lift the trailer w/ them.

Didn't, just snugged them up good on pavement. I've snugged up other jacks way more than that. One reason I prefer the corner jacks rated at 6500 lbs each.

The tire locks work surprisingly well at keeping the trailer from rocking.

The problem I had on pavement was the stabilizer pad shifted putting too much stress on the thin tube.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use home made wooden boxes under my stabilizers.
The wider the stabilizers are spread, the less shake you will have.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Cementitious modular building units (concrete block) and a board would be my suggestion.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
Wiscampsin wrote:
Check out JT Strongarms

x2. Have these front and rear and the ONLY way to eliminate shake and side to side movement. All other options are just cheap alternatives that will never leave you satisfied.

fatboy66
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
Besides four corner jacks(screw jacks), tire locks helps also. These new electric stabilizers are worthless and bend easy.

You're not supposed to lift the trailer w/ them.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Check out JT Strongarms

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

AtomicChicken
Explorer
Explorer
Adding a stabilizer near the axles on each side helps quite a bit.
2007 F-150
2006 Sun Valley RoadRunner 240BH
Prodigy P2 / EAZ-Lift WDH

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the wheels and put it up on blocks is the only way to remove 100% of the movement

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)