cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof Care

Rollin
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used Liquid Rubber or maybe Eternabond with or without Liquid Rubber? Thankfully I don't need any of these yet, I'm just currious.
7 REPLIES 7

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
I used this stuff on my old class C:

http://www.epdmcoatings.com/rv_roof_repair.html

and it was great! Easy to use. Rolls on like thick honey and dries to a completely sealed rubber roof. This is the EPDM stuff that the RV roofs are made from too.

Cost me about 300 bucks for a 33 foot roof, took about 4 hours total.
Looks like a brand new roof when you're done. Just like painting, but very thick.

In fact, if you go to the site, and look under photos section, you can see many RV's before and after. Mine is the one in front of the barn with the X, and you can see, the old roof was just shot.
When I was done, a brand new roof, and a 5 year warranty.

anthony

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
Raften wrote:
Tub?
Shower tub - the skylight over the shower.
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond is a 4 inch wide tape that stickers for ever as long as the material you are sticking it to is clean, and I should have stated on my tt.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Use Eternabond on any seams you have, clean well beforing applying.
How old is the roof? Our 96 Southwind has the original roof, it is in good condition and doesn't need coated.
Maybe in the next couple years I'll coat it just for PM.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Is this for your rubber roof?

I have learned a new roof cost around 4-6K to install. Upon research and IMO liquid roof is a better product. Its essentially a new roof put on before the old one is beyond repair..

Its around $500 bucks for 4 gallons that covers 180 sq ft...

Like I said...just my opinion, but my RV roof is in good shape for 10 yrs but I am going to do use this next yr after the winter.

http://www.liquid-roof.com/liquidroof.html
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Tub?
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

edsland
Explorer
Explorer
I use eternabond around a skylight over the tub. Worked great, lots of rain no drips. ๐Ÿ™‚