cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV BBQ

tkoden
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer came with an outdoor gas bbq. I finally set it up in preparation for our first real outing this weekend. I was just wondering if the bbq is designed to be left attached to the trailer while transporting?
107 REPLIES 107

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Touche
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
LarryJM wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Since you have only been using it for a year, and your location leads me to believe that it is likely that it is only a partial year of use.... I can see the problem that you have in believing that grease buildup can be a problem.

There is nothing magical/unusual about it. Cooking on a grill produces vaporized grease that will stick to items that it comes into contact with. This creates a slow buildup that will over time make quite a mess. I know this for a fact. I used to be a professional Chef, and one of my least favorite duties was cleaning this buildup off of the walls, vents, ceilings etc. of my kitchen.

These grills are not immune to the physics of cooking. The same problems WILL occur over time.

Let me tell you, it is NOT an easy residue to cleanup once it becomes noticeable. I am willing to bet that the chemicals we used to do it, would not play well with TT building materials.

You misread my post ... that year is a YEAR OF ACTUAL IN TRAILER CAMPING and has spanned the last 7+ years so I have TONS of actual usage of this grill. I would guess I use the actual grill about once every 2 days or so.

Trying to compare cooking inside a kitchen with grilling in the outdoors are two completely different scenarios so that tells me even more that you just don't comprehend what is involved here and posts by other ACTUAL USERS agree with me and NOT WITH YOUR ASSUMPTIONS. You can believe what you want, but it doesn't make it real or significant as much as you might want to think it does. It's not just me saying this, read the other posts about this NON EXISTENT ISSUE.

I think this is becoming like the leading a horse to water and describing something to someone that has been blind since birth. I just think it's important for folks actually wanting CORRECT INFORMATION to get it and not biased with the "CHICKEN LITTLE SYNDROME" and that is all I'm attempting to do.

I think I'm about thru with this and with all the other posts agreeing with me, I think the true points have been made and will hopefully be able to leave it at that.

Larry

Larry
You lost me when you said that I, who cooked for a living quite a few years, didn't know what I was doing.

Obviously, there are quite a few variables in how much grease gets vaporized and how much gets deposited in undesireable locations. But making a blanket statement that it is impossible shows a lack of understanding the basic physics of cooking.

Everyone that has spent much time in a kitchen understands it.
Even that little aluminum mesh fan filter above the stove in TTs needs periodic grease cleaning, if any cooking is done on the stove.. That grease comes from cooking! Just like the outside grill will produce as well.

And the grease builds up in the poster and turns his posts to a greasy [COLOR=]red color, that looks obnoxious on the forum. Do you post in red to draw attention to yourself? Posting in red is worse etiquette than posting in all caps.
And just who made that rule up? You?
After careful consideration.... I reject your opinion.
:B:RI like color. Sometimes I use blue.:B;)And sometimes I have used green. It is a feature that is available to any of us to use on this forum. I wasn't aware that there were those that consider themselves the "COLOR POLICE" on this forum.:BIf this practice is really frowned upon, then this feature should be removed from the forum.:BOr perhaps a sticky could be made about items that concern you. So that anyone who cares can consider it.:B:R:R
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
The whole problem with this discussion is that it should have been made clear from the start that there is absolutely no need for any type (hanging, traveling, whatever) of gas grill for outdoor cooking. Everybody who's anybody that cooks knows that CHARCOAL is the only REAL way to BBQ. Apple and Hickory to smoke. Gas is good for sautรฉing, braising and warming. Let the grilling wars begin:-). Nothin better than a cookoff. Gimme my Guinness and Thermoworks thermometer; Engarde!
As has already been pointed out to me.... Drinking a beer while cooking is extremely irresponsible and a foolish/dangerous thing to do. The grill could go into nuclear meltdown and take out the whole campground :B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Huntindog wrote:
LarryJM wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Since you have only been using it for a year, and your location leads me to believe that it is likely that it is only a partial year of use.... I can see the problem that you have in believing that grease buildup can be a problem.

There is nothing magical/unusual about it. Cooking on a grill produces vaporized grease that will stick to items that it comes into contact with. This creates a slow buildup that will over time make quite a mess. I know this for a fact. I used to be a professional Chef, and one of my least favorite duties was cleaning this buildup off of the walls, vents, ceilings etc. of my kitchen.

These grills are not immune to the physics of cooking. The same problems WILL occur over time.

Let me tell you, it is NOT an easy residue to cleanup once it becomes noticeable. I am willing to bet that the chemicals we used to do it, would not play well with TT building materials.

You misread my post ... that year is a YEAR OF ACTUAL IN TRAILER CAMPING and has spanned the last 7+ years so I have TONS of actual usage of this grill. I would guess I use the actual grill about once every 2 days or so.

Trying to compare cooking inside a kitchen with grilling in the outdoors are two completely different scenarios so that tells me even more that you just don't comprehend what is involved here and posts by other ACTUAL USERS agree with me and NOT WITH YOUR ASSUMPTIONS. You can believe what you want, but it doesn't make it real or significant as much as you might want to think it does. It's not just me saying this, read the other posts about this NON EXISTENT ISSUE.

I think this is becoming like the leading a horse to water and describing something to someone that has been blind since birth. I just think it's important for folks actually wanting CORRECT INFORMATION to get it and not biased with the "CHICKEN LITTLE SYNDROME" and that is all I'm attempting to do.

I think I'm about thru with this and with all the other posts agreeing with me, I think the true points have been made and will hopefully be able to leave it at that.

Larry

Larry
You lost me when you said that I, who cooked for a living quite a few years, didn't know what I was doing.

Obviously, there are quite a few variables in how much grease gets vaporized and how much gets deposited in undesireable locations. But making a blanket statement that it is impossible shows a lack of understanding the basic physics of cooking.

Even that little aluminum mesh fan filter above the stove in TTs needs periodic grease cleaning, if any cooking is done on the stove.. That grease comes from cooking! Just like the outside grill will produce as well.

And the grease builds up in the poster and turns his posts to a greasy [COLOR=]red color, that looks obnoxious on the forum. Do you post in red to draw attention to yourself? Posting in red is worse etiquette than posting in all caps.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
sbowman871 wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
The whole problem with this discussion is that it should have been made clear from the start that there is absolutely no need for any type (hanging, traveling, whatever) of gas grill for outdoor cooking. Everybody who's anybody that cooks knows that CHARCOAL is the only REAL way to BBQ. Apple and Hickory to smoke. Gas is good for sautรฉing, braising and warming. Let the grilling wars begin:-). Nothin better than a cookoff. Gimme my Guinness and Thermoworks thermometer; Engarde!

No grills, no charcoal, open wood fire is the only way to cook food! Give me an open flame coming from hickory, cherry, or ash and a platform to hold the food I'm good.

Ooh,ooh, ooh. Used to do that tent camping with black jack oak. Too dependent on my Weber kettle now.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:

No grills, no charcoal, open wood fire is the only way to cook food! Give me an open flame coming from hickory, cherry, or ash and a platform to hold the food I'm good.
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

afraid_of_bears
Explorer
Explorer

All this talk is making me hungry!

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
pappcam wrote:
carjocky wrote:
If you are really into grilling AND smoking Trager PTGthis a great grill I use for camping. It is nice to smoke brisket or ribs while camping.

Can I hang it off my camper when travelling? ๐Ÿ˜„

Now we have come full circle here.
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Spring here yet??? ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

pappcam
Explorer
Explorer
carjocky wrote:
If you are really into grilling AND smoking Trager PTGthis a great grill I use for camping. It is nice to smoke brisket or ribs while camping.

Can I hang it off my camper when travelling? ๐Ÿ˜„
2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
2011 F150 XLT 5.0

carjocky
Explorer
Explorer
Jon
Ohio
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Mmmmmm.....steaks!

So, there is a pi$%ng match over who can grill the best? Sounds like we need a GRILL OFF!!!

Instead of trying to convince us all on the forum, how about you fellas PROVE it with some real grillin' and bbqn'

Just tell me when and where and I'll be there with my plate and napkin in hand!

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, time for some fun folks, why don't you come by and clean the build up of grease, I'll cook the food and we burn some diapers in the campfire, smoke some cigars and.....

lol

Time for camping folks, lets have some fun

:B

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
LarryJM wrote:
Huntindog wrote:

Larry

Larry

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2 bathrooms, no waiting
17.5LRH commercial tires